The DD Superlight Pyramid XL Mesh Tent can be used independently as a warm weather bug protected tipi style tent or combined with the Superlight XL Pyramid Tent for a 2 layer tipi style tent.
DD Hammocks says
Sleep completely bug-free with this even larger Pyramid Mesh Tent
This tent follows the same time-tested design as our DD SuperLight - Pyramid Mesh Tent, but the extra size on offer allows for plenty of space inside for 2 people plus rucksacks.
This is ideal for solo travellers with a lot of equipment too, and at less than 700g (excluding pegs & guy-lines) the extra space barely comes at any weight cost at all.
This ultra-fine mesh means you will be protected from every insect - from the mosquito to the miniscule Scottish midge!
This tent is compatible with the fully waterproof DD SuperLight - XL Pyramid Tent. Using both in conjunction gives full insect and weather protection at a very small weight and pack size, sharing the same Hiking Pole for set-up.
Easy to pitch
With slim pegging tabs and a central top loop, the tent can be rigged in 2 ways - either suspended from a branch/overhead point using guy rope; or simply propped up from underneath using just 1 Hiking Pole (not included).
DD Hammocks' DD Superlight XL Pyramid Mesh Tent is made of ultra-fine bug mesh and protects you against all sorts of biting insects. This makes the Pyramid Mesh tent ideal for use in warmer but dry conditions. It can be rigged by using a pole or just suspended from an overhead point which is very handy if you find yourself constantly changing to unknown layouts.
This XL version is palatial in size for a solo camper plus a rucksack, or spacious for 2 people. It can be combined with the DD SuperLight Pyramid Tent (sold separately) to give it an outer waterproof layer, creating a 2 layer tipi style tent. Overall a great solution when travelling light or for minimal backpacking.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Suitable for 2 people (plus rucksacks)
- Compatible with the DD SuperLight - XL - Pyramid Tent
- Made from ultra-fine bug mesh and single layered SuperLight ripstop nylon, with 3,000mm fully waterproof PU-coated floor
- Central reinforcement at the top to accommodate a hiking pole
- 2 internal storage pockets
- Taped seams
- Central top loop to tie off to an overhead point or tree
- Zippered arc entrance
- Metal eyelet in centre of tent floor to slot your hiking pole
- Pegs to secure the floor to the ground
- Weight: 648g (excl. pegs & stuff sack)
- Pegs x4 weigh: 76g
- Dimensions: L: 240cm, W: 180cm, H:135cm
- Colour: Olive green/Black
- Includes: DD SuperLight - XL Pyramid Mesh Tent, 8 x SuperLight Pegs
- Over time repeated fold lines can start to weaken the fine material of your DD SuperLight gear. To pack away, we always recommend 'stuffing' your DD SuperLight gear into its bag instead.
- To preserve the strength of the material, avoid folding along the same lines too frequently (change after 10 times)
- Store in a cool, dry, dark place
- Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away
- Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
- Do not machine wash. Clean carefully by hand only, using lukewarm water
- Prolonged exposure to strong UV light can cause material to weaken (UV degradation is excluded from warranty)