We're working out what we think - we'll add our view here!
DD Hammocks says:
This insect-proof mesh shelter is the ideal place to escape from bugs and midges - and at less than 500g / 17oz, it's an incredibly lightweight addition to your rucksack. It can be used on its own, with a Tarp or in conjunction with the DD SuperLight - XL Pyramid Tent to provide a whole wealth of options!
Ideal for solo hikers and campers in dry climes when used by itself, or fully compatible with the DD SuperLight - XL Pyramid Tent to create a waterproof and bug-proof shelter, with a huge porch area. Ideal for storing damp rucksacks, boots or other equipment to keep your sleeping area clutter-free. This ultra-fine mesh means you will be protected from every insect - from the mosquito to the miniscule Scottish midge!
We're working out what we think about DD SuperLight Solo Mesh Tent, we'll add our comments here in due course.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- With slim pegging tabs and a central top loop, the tent can be rigged in 2 ways - either suspended from a branch or overhead ridgeline, or propped up from the interior using just 1 Hiking Pole (sold separately).
- Campatible with the DD SuperLight - XL - Pyramid Tent - when used together a large porch area is created.
- Our weight: 450g (excluding pegs and guys)
- Brand Weight:480g
- Dimensions: L: 240cm, W: 90cm, H: 135cm
Material & Construction
- Made from ultra-fine bug mesh and single layered SuperLight ripstop nylon, with 3,000mm fully waterproof PU-coated floor
- Central reinforcement at the top to accommodate a hiking pole
- 2 internal storage pockets
- Taped seams
- Central top loop to tie off to an overhead point or tree
- Zippered arc entrance
Help & advice:
Over time repeated fold lines can start to weaken the fine material of your DD SuperLight gear. To pack away, we always recommend 'stuffing' your DD SuperLight gear into its bag instead.