The DD Superlight Pyramid Tent can be used independently as a simple tipi style tent/tarp or combined with the Superlight Pyramid Mesh Tent for a 2 layer tipi style tent.
DD Hammocks says:
The DD SuperLight Pyramid Tent is designed to be used on top of the DD SuperLight Pyramid Mesh Tent (sold separately) to create a 2-layer tipi style set-up. And at just 460g (excluding pegs/guys), it won't weigh you down on the trail!
Frame-free and single layered, the SuperLight Pyramid Tent is a great solution when travelling light or for minimal backpacking. With slim pegging tabs and a central top loop, the tent can be pitched in 2 ways: either suspended from a branch or overhead point using guy rope, or propped up from underneath using just 1 hiking pole.
The DD SuperLight Pyramid Tent has a 3,000mm PU coating and a sheltered side door - so it'll keep you dry in stormy weather while its air vent prevents condensation inside. The DD SuperLight Pyramid Tent can be used either on its own or with the mesh tent to camp on a backpacking adventure, or simply as a day shelter on a hike.
The Pyramid Tent is made from superlight and waterproof ripstop nylon which will keep you dry in stormy weather. This single layered tent can be rigged by using a pole or just suspended from an overhead point which is very handy if you find yourself constantly changing to unknown layouts. It's ideal for those who like to bivy but want to protect more kit or anyone else who like sleeping under tarps but want a little more all round protection.
It's spacious for a solo camper plus a rucksack, or comfortable for 2 people. It can be combined with the DD SuperLight Pyramid Mesh Tent (sold separately) to create a 2 layer tipi style tent with greater protection from bugs and rain. Overall a great solution when travelling light or for minimal backpacking.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Simple to pitch, easy to pack, ultra-light to carry
- Suitable for 1 person (plus rucksack) or 2 people
- Made from single layered SuperLight ripstop nylon, with 3,000mm fully waterproof PU coating throughout
- 1 central top loop to tie off to an overhead point or tree
- Taped seams
- Zippered entrance which can be rolled up and fastened out the way
- Small back wall vent to increase air flow and prevent condensation
- 4 optional guy-out points (1 at each corner) for extra security in windy conditions
- Hiking pole required for set up or can be suspended from overhead points.
- Weight: 446g (excl. pegs, stuff sack & guylines)
- Pegs x13 weigh: 118g
- Size: L: 260cm, W: 245cm, H: 120cm
- Packed size: 28cm x 15cm x 11cm
- Colour: Olive Green
- Includes: Tent, SuperLight pegs x 13, guylines (2m) x 5
- Single layered SuperLight ripstop nylon, with 3,000mm fully waterproof PU coating throughout
- Over time repeated fold lines can start to weaken the fine material of your DD SuperLight gear. To pack away, we always recommend 'stuffing' your DD SuperLight gear into its bag instead
To preserve the strength of the material, avoid folding along the same lines too frequently (change after 10 times)
Store in a cool, dry, dark place
Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away
Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
Do not machine wash. Clean carefully by hand only, using lukewarm water
Prolonged exposure to strong UV light can cause material to weaken (UV degradation is excluded from warranty)