Increase your lightweight camping options with the DD SuperLight XL Pyramid Tent. The perfect size for 2 people plus rucksacks!
DD Hammocks says
Simple to pitch and huge inside.
With a single, stormproof layer of DD SuperLight material, the SuperLight - XL Pyramid Tent is a great solution when travelling light or for minimalist backpacking. There's plenty of room inside for two people with equipment (and it's incredibly spacious for one!)
The DD SuperLight -XL Pyramid Tent is designed to be used in conjuction with either the DD SuperLight - XL - Pyramid Mesh Tent or the DD SuperLight - Solo Mesh Tent (both sold separately, for pairs or single campers respectively) to provide insectproofing, but can be used by itself for a spacious waterproof shelter.
With slim pegging tabs and a central top loop, the tent can be pitched in 2 ways - either suspended from a branch/overhead point using guy rope; or propped up from underneath using just 1 Hiking Pole.
The best part? The whole tent weighs only 610g/22oz (excluding pegs / guy-lines) - you'll barely notice it in your rucksack!
This tent comes with 13 of our strong SuperLight pegs and 5 black SuperLight guy-lines, however also included with every tent are 2 extra spare pegs, and a full set of fluorescent guy-lines. This means that you can choose between stealthy black, or bright guy-lines for visibility at night.
Ventilated and waterproof
This tent has a 3000mm PU coating plus a sheltered side door - so it'll keep you dry in stormy weather. Its air vent helps to prevent condensation inside too!
DD Hammocks' DD Superlight XL Pyramid Tent is made from superlight and waterproof ripstop nylon which will keep you dry in stormy weather. This single layered tent can be rigged by using a pole or just suspended from an overhead point which is very handy if you find yourself constantly changing to unknown layouts. It's ideal for those who like to bivy but want to protect more kit or anyone else who like sleeping under tarps but want a little more all round protection.
This XL version is very spacious for a solo camper plus a rucksack, or comfortable for 2 people adding extra space in every dimension compared to the original version. It can be combined with the DD SuperLight Pyramid Mesh Tent (sold separately) to create a 2 layer tipi style tent with greater protection from bugs and rain. Overall a great solution when travelling light or for minimal backpacking.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Suitable for 2 people (plus rucksacks)
- Made from single layered SuperLight ripstop nylon, with 3,000mm fully waterproof PU coating throughout
- Simple set-up with a Hiking Pole
- Compatible with the DD SuperLight - XL - Pyramid Mesh Tent (2-person inner) or the DD SuperLight - Solo Mesh Tent (1 person inner)
- 1 central top loop to tie off to an overhead point or tree
- Taped seams
- Includes both Black and fluorescent guy-lines for you to choose from.
- Zippered entrance which can be rolled up and fastened out the way
- Small back wall vent to increase air flow and prevent condensation
- 4 optional guy-out points (1 at each corner) for extra security in windy conditions
- Hiking pole required for set up or can be suspended from overhead points.
- Weight: 592g (excl. pegs, stuff sack & guylines)
- Pegs x13 weigh: 116g
- Size: L: 260cm, W: 220cm, H: 135cm
- Colour: Olive Green
- Includes: SuperLight pegs x 13 (for set-up), 2 x spare SuperLight pegs, 5 x Black SuperLight guylines (2m), 5 x Fluorescent guy-lines
- Over time repeated fold lines can start to weaken the fine material of your DD SuperLight gear. To pack away, we always recommend 'stuffing' your DD SuperLight gear into its bag instead
- To preserve the strength of the material, avoid folding along the same lines too frequently (change after 10 times)
- Store in a cool, dry, dark place
- Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away
- Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
- Do not machine wash. Clean carefully by hand only, using lukewarm water
- Prolonged exposure to strong UV light can cause material to weaken (UV degradation is excluded from warranty)