The lightest weight harness in the Petzl range. The Fly weighs just 134g and is ideal for any weight conscious adventurer after a technical mountaineering or ski touring harness.
Ultra-lightweight, modular technical mountaineering/ski harness, dons with feet on the ground.
Designed for mountaineers and ski mountaineers, the FLY harness is Petzl’s most lightweight harness, and can be donned with both feet on the ground. Ultra-lightweight and compact, thanks to innovative construction without a buckle and with comfort options, it weighs only 130 g (size M). The comfort foam is removable, minimizing weight to only 100 g. The multiple gear loops and the ice-screw retainers can transport all the equipment required on technical outings.
Petzl's Fly Harness is ideal for those occasions where every gram makes a difference. With the medium size weighing just 134g and the large 146g, everything about this harness is about keeping the weight down. The slim design, minimalist pouch, buckle free construction and removable foam padding are all aimed at experienced users who know what they need from the harness.
Despite the seriously low weight and impressive pack size this is a durable piece of kit that still has two gear loops and four other loops for organising your kit. The gear loops and attachment points are reinforced to provide protection from abrasion and rubbing from other kit and rough surfaces. Overall, this is an impressive harness but it is not designed to beginners or general use. It is a very technical piece of kit aimed at experienced mountaineers and skiers looking for the lightest kit available.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
PLEASE NOTE: FOR SAFETY REASONS THIS PRODUCT IN NON-RETURNABLE UNLESS FAULTY.
- Extremely lightweight, for mountaineers and the most demanding skiers:
- designed for technical mountaineering and ski mountaineering
- can be donned with both feet on the ground, while wearing skis or crampons
- only 100 g (size M) with comfort foam removed, and 130 g with foam. The extremely light weight and the body-hugging fit offer complete freedom to move without worrying about the harness
- innovative buckle-free construction (Petzl patent). A sliding toggle lock replaces the metal buckle for quick and easy waistbelt adjustment. The leg loops are adjusted with a girth hitch
- slim design
- minimalist pouch allows the harness to be compressed to reduce bulk in the pack
- Comfort options:
- FUSEFRAME technology with removable foam, for adapting the comfort level of the harness to the activity. The comfort foam on the leg loops and waistbelt can be easily removed, making the harness even lighter
- comfort foam optimally distributes the load, making suspensions more comfortable
- Technical and durable:
- two gear loops and four additional loops for organization and transport of the equipment required for technical outings
- retainer with silicone interior on each leg loop, for carrying an ice screw
- attachment points, webbing and gear loops reinforced with high-modulus polyethylene (HMPE), for greater resistance to abrasion and rubbing
- Harness comes in a protective carry bag
- Also comes with minimalist pouch for stowing the harness when used without foam
- Weight with foam: 134g
- Waist belt: 76-86 cm
- Leg loops: 52-58 cm
- Weight with foam: 146g
- Waist belt: 86-96 cm
- Leg loops: 54-60 cm
Materials & Construction
- High-modulus polyethylene, polyester, nylon
- Certification(s): CE EN 12277 type C, UIAA