The Altitude Harness is minimalist but practical. This lightweight harness has a super small packsize that is suited to mountaineering and ski touring.
Lightweight, compact mountaineering and ski touring harness, dons with feet on the ground.
ALTITUDE is a very lightweight harness designed for mountaineering and ski touring. Thanks to its simple structure, it can be donned while wearing skis or crampons. The two gear loops and the retainers help organize and transport the equipment required for mountain activities.
Petzl's 2020 Altitude Harness manages to cut weight to a minimum without sacrificing practical features. The design of the harness allows it to put put on whilst wearing crampons and skis so you are not taking up precious time and energy messing around. The thin, lightweight straps are surprisingly tough and durable so you don't need to worry too much about abrasion. The comfort of this harness is amazing with the light weight and thin, unpadded strapping you quickly forget you're wearing it as you move freely.
There are still two good gear loops, a single tie-in point and retainers for things like ice screws on the leg loops so it is practical for transporting and organising your gear. When stowed away it comes with a small storage bag and packs down to an impressively small size.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
PLEASE NOTE: FOR SAFETY REASONS THIS PRODUCT IN NON-RETURNABLE UNLESS FAULTY.
- Designed for mountaineering and ski touring:
- can be donned with both feet on the ground, while wearing skis or crampons
- the DOUBLEBACK LIGHT buckle and fastening strap are easy to operate, even with gloves
- comfortable to wear when walking or suspended
- Lightweight and compact:
- only 150 g
- minimal bulk when stowed in pouch
- extremely thin and flexible waistbelt and leg loops, thanks to WIREFRAME technology. The HMPE (high-modulus polyethylene) strands that are used in the waistbelt and leg loops give optimal load distribution without the use of foam. Lightness and comfort of the harness make it practically unnoticeable when worn
- Simplicity, and capacity for carrying equipment:
- streamlined design
- single tie-in point
- two gear loops for transport and organization of equipment
- retainers with silicone interior on each leg loop, for carrying an ice screw
- Harness comes in a protective carry bag
- Weight: 168g
- Waist belt: 74-96 cm
- Leg loops: 60-73 cm
- Weight: 174g
- Waist belt: 84-108 cm
- Leg loops: 66-79 cm
Material & Construction:
- Nylon monofilament, polyester, high-modulus polyethylene, aluminum
- Certification(s): CE EN 12277 type C, UIAA