The DD SuperLight Pathfinder Tent can be used independently as a a basic tarp style shelter or combined with the Superlight Pathfinder Mesh Tent for a more traditional 2 layer tent.
DD Hammocks says
Fully stormproof cover for the DD SuperLight - Pathfinder Mesh Tent
The DD SuperLight Pathfinder Tent is perfectly sized for a couple's getaway in the wilderness. Comfortable for two people side by side, or very spacious for a solo camper and all their gear. The Pathfinder Tent is waterproof rated to 3000mm, fully seam sealed and ready to take on whatever the weather can throw at you. At just 640g (excluding pegs & guy-lines) this is a very lightweight tent for the space on offer.
Comfort and Compatibility
This tent is designed to fit easily over the top of the DD SuperLight - Pathfinder Mesh Tent to provide full stormproofing to the already-bugproof inner, using the same hiking pole. When used with the inner, a large porch space is created - ideal for storing wet boots, packs and clothes. Erected with a single hiking pole, the zippered entrance and vent make for a fully featured and ventilated tent without the complexity!
DD Hammocks' DD Superlight Pathfinder Tent is made from superlight and waterproof ripstop nylon which will keep you dry in stormy weather. This single layered tent can be rigged by using a pole or just suspended from an overhead point which is very handy if you find yourself constantly changing to unknown layouts. It's ideal for those who like to bivy but want to protect more kit or anyone else who like sleeping under tarps but want a little more all round protection.
It's spacious for a solo camper plus a rucksack, or comfortable for 2 people. It can be combined with the DD SuperLight Pathfinder Mesh Tent (sold separately) to create a more traditional 2 layer tent with greater protection from bugs and rain. Overall a great solution when travelling light or for minimal backpacking.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Comfortable for couples, or very spacious for a solo camper plus gear
- Compatible with the DD SuperLight - Pathfinder Mesh Tent, or used by itself to create a simple and roomy waterproof shelter
- Made from single layered SuperLight ripstop nylon, waterproof rated to 3,000mm
- Taped seams
- Reinforced pocket above entrance, allowing it to be propped up with a hiking pole
- Zippered doorway, with tie-backs for dryer weather
- Spreader bar to prop up the foot end
- Pegs to secure the floor to the ground, and guy lines to tension the structure
- Weight: 516g (excludes bags, pegs & guylines)
- Pegs x15 weighs: 138g
- Size: L: 290cm W: 190cm H: 110cm
- Colour: Olive Green
- Includes: DD SuperLight - Pathfinder Tent, 13 x SuperLight Pegs, 2 x 2m Guy-Lines, 1 x 1m Guy-Line
- Recommended accessories: DD Hiking Poles, DD Superlight - Pathfinder Mesh Tent