EuroSchirm's Swing Liteflex offers all the advantages of a trekking umbrella for a very low weight penalty. Protects against rain, sun and light winds.
EuroSchirm says: The world's lightest trekking umbrella of its kind.
Swing liteflex is a high-quality ultralightweight stick umbrella. It will be used whenever light weight plays an important role. Thanks to the use of very lightweight modern glass fibre materials it can be effortlessly hand carried with ease. The flyweight in its practical case is carried on the back or fastened to a backpack. Its unbeatably low weight is hardly noticeable. The umbrella with its manual safety slide is not only lightweight, its flexibility in the wind and its durability must also be underlined.
Silver UV-light protective treatment option available:
The silver UV-light protective coating is especially recommended for the protection against sun and heat. It is almost completely resistant against harmful UV-radiation and offers a TÜV certified light protection factor of UPF 50+ (Australia/New Zealand Standard). In addition, the silver-metallic-coating reflects the heat very efficiently so that it is considerably cooler under the umbrellas with silver UPF 50+-coating than under umbrellas with a normal canopy.
EuroSchirm's Swing Liteflex Trekking Umbrellas are built from high quality lightweight materials to provide the user with all the protection an umbrella can offer with minimal additional load. Its still quite robust though and perfect for long backpacking trips where weight is at a premium.
Trekking umbrellas are often under-valued, they provide protection from rain without having to compromise breathability - leaving you dry and comfortable. In hot climates they provide much needed shade and UV protection, which can be enhanced by the silver version of the umbrella. Just about the only time they are a pain to use is in windy conditions.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- High quality and feather light frame with minimum metal contribution: sophisticated glassfibre shaft with special coating; extremely elastic and thus almost unbreakable fiber glass ribs; all frame parts are windproof and durable • Manual opening and closing by comfortable push/pull runner system – no pinching of fingers
- Extra lightweight and tear resistant polyester fabric with double-stitched seams between the segments; Teflon®-treated canopy provides a high water repellency and makes the umbrella fast-drying
- High-density EVA hard foam handle with grooves ensures a dry feeling on the handle when wet; the wrist strap at the handle can be adjusted to the individual size of the hand
- Safety tips minimize the risk of injuries
- Protective case with adjustable shoulder carrying strap allows the umbrella to be carried on the back
- Weighs: 213g
- Extended size: 64cm (length) x 100cm (width).
- Closed size: 64cm (length) x 4.5cm(width).
- The color silver has UV protection factor 50+
- Achieved wind force (according to Beaufort scale): 12
Materials & Construction
- Opening mechanism: Manual
- Closing mechanism: Manual
- No. of ribs: 8
- Frame: Glass Fibres
- Shaft: Glass Fibres
- Canopy: Polyester
- Handle: EVA Hardfoam
- Tips: Plastic