Euroschirm's Light Trek Umbrella is the first professional hiking pocket umbrella. Lightweight, compact and durable.
Whether for a short stroll or a long hiking tour, the light trek umbrella is always the first choice when the weather is not stable. Thanks to its glass fibre reinforced frame and the extremely sturdy shaft, the manual pocket umbrella is very robust and wear resistant. Furthermore, thisfolding umbrella stands out by its spacious diameter, its low weight and the small folding size. When the pocket umbrella is not needed, it is easily stored in a backpack or bag. Alternatively, the light trek can be fastened with a carabiner to the outside of a backpack or bag so that it is immediately within reach during unstable weather.
Silver UPF50+ light protective treatment version available:
The silver UPF50+ light protective treatment is especially recommended for the protection against sun and heat. It is almost completely resistant against harmful UV-radiation and offers a TÜV certified light protection factor of UPF 50+ (Australia/New Zealand Standard). In addition, the silver-metallic-treatment reflects the heat very efficiently so that it is considerably cooler under the umbrellas with silver UPF 50+-treatment than under umbrellas with a normal canopy.
Light Trek is one of the lightest trekking umbrella's made and it is an indispensable companion for hiking, trekking or everyday use.
The aluminium, fibre glass frame and teflon-coated canopy make it extra light, as well as decay and corrosion resistant. The wet umbrella can be stored in its waterproof carry bag which has a carry loop and carabiner clip so you can easily attach it to your back pack or belt.
This foldable Light weight umbrella also has a built in compass in the handle to help you find your way in bad weather.
The Light Trek is strong for it's weight but as with most umbrellas it's best to put it down when it's windy.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- High quality frame: robust and almost unbreakable metal profile shaft; resistant ribs made of glass fibres and aluminium; all frame parts are windproof and durable
- Comfortable opening and closing with the safety runner – no pinching of fingers
- Extra lightweight canopy made of polyester fabric with double seams between the panels; the Teflon® treatment guarantees a high water repellency and makes the umbrella fast-drying
- Comfortable velvety handle of high-density EVA-hard foam with integrated compass ensures a safe grip and a dry feeling on the handle when wet
- The wrist strap at the handle can be adjusted to the individual size of the hand
- Protective case with mesh insert for optimal airing
- Carabiner at the case allows the umbrella to be fixed at the backpack or bag
- Weighs 268g
- Silver version weighs 278g
- Extended size: 961m (length) x 98cm (width)
- Closed size: 28cm (length)
- Achieved wind force (according to Beaufort scale): 12
Materials & Construction
- Opening mechanism: Manual
- Closing mechanism: Manual
- No. of ribs: 8
- Frame: Aluminium + glassfibres
- Shaft: Aluminium + glassfibres
- Canopy: Polyester
- Handle: EVA Hardfoam
- Tips: Metal