UOG TOP PICK - Thermarest's UberLite Series Sleeping Mats - A comfortable mat that’s the lightest in class. Miniscule pack size too.
Therm-a-Rest's lightest airbed. From alpinists to thru-hikers, those who need the lightest gear have a new standard for ultralight comfort with this superlight pad.
As the absolute lightest insulated air sleeping pad available, the NeoAir UberLite is the top choice for thru hikers and ounce counters, setting new standard for ultralight comfort for a handful of ounces. The unrivaled Triangular Core Matrix offers the best warmth-to-weight ratio of any air sleeping pad construction, creating a 2.3 R-value and gives the 2.5 inch (6.4 cm) thick pad superior stability, boasting the most inches of weld for maximum camp comfort. The ultralight sleeping pad features the high-performance WingLock valve, allowing the pad to inflate three times faster thanks to a larger opening and one-way inflation. Like all Therm-a-Rest pads, the NeoAir UberLite is made in market to ensure quality and minimize environmental impact. The pad includes a breath-saving pump sack, compact stuff sack and field repair kit.
As technology and manufacturing techniques improve over time, brands are able to make lighter and lighter gear. Therm-a-Rest have improved upon their XLite range with a lighter mat with an even smller pack size. The 2020 UberLite is now their lightest airbed and it builds on the performance we got with the XLite mats. This updated version comes with the new WingLock valve with easier one-way inflation and secure two step deflation.
As a sleeping mat it's the standard width and standard height for a Therm-a-Rest and you can feel the insulative properties of the mat after laying on it for just a short while. To get all of this comfort into a mat that weighs so little and packs so small is a real feat of engineering.
The UberLite still crinkles like the XLite and original NeoAir but notably less so. The face fabric is slightly softer than these other mats and a bit slippier on a silnylon tent floor, but once you're on it there's no chance of it moving around the tent.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Featherweight: Weighing just north of half a pound, the UberLite sets a new standard for ultralight comfort.
- Minimal Pack Size: Shrinks down smaller than any NeoAir® ever.
- Big On Comfort: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm) of cushion provide luxurious rest during your fast and light activities.
- Reliable NeoAir® Construction: Built using our trusted Triangular Core Matrix™ to maximize your rest during long, backcountry objectives.
- WingLock™ Valve: Our intuitive and dependable valve maximizes air flow for easier inflation and quicker deflation. Wings toggle for one-way inflation to save breath.
- Pump sack, stuff sack and repair kit included
- Weight: 322g (excludes storage bag)
- Dimensions: 64 x 196cm / 25 x 77in
- Thickness: 6.4cm / 2.5in
- Packed size: 19 x 9cm / 7.5 x 3.7in
- ASTM R-Value: 2.3
- Fabric: 15D Nylon/15D Nylon
From 2020, there is a new industry standard for measuring the R-value (level of insulation) of sleeping mats – ASTM F3340-18. This new standard is the sleeping mat equivalent to the EN rating for sleeping bags.
You can now directly compare the R-value of mats rated using the ASTM F3340-18 with confidence that is a fair and accurate comparison between mats. In simple terms, the higher the R-value, the warmer the mat.
In general terms, an R-value below 2.0 is for summer use, 2.0 to 4.0 is for cooler 3 season use and 4.0+ is for winter temperatures. This will be also be dependent on your sleeping bag, how cold you sleep etc. Please contact our customer service team if you need advice on choosing the right mat for your activity.
Help and advice: