The Mythic G is a lightweight, packable jacket that offers excellent warmth for fast-paced mountain missions in frigid conditions. The Mythic is a highly packable winter jacket with a superb warmth-to-weight ratio.
Next level warmth for minimum weight, this 1000FP down jacket features a visible heat reflective TILT lining. Designed for alpinism and climbing with ultralight construction and body mapped TILT, this jacket pushes performance so you can push yours.
I was a big fan of last season's Mythic range and was excited to see the new Mythic G. I'm pleased to say it has not disappointed. It's a superb lightweight jacket that utilises some of the most advanced technologies and premium materials on the market
The Mythic G has been constructed from a super light 7-denier Atmos outer, treated with a fluorocarbon-free DWR, that helps repel light rain and snowdrift, with a 7-denier ripstop liner treated with Tilt technology. Rab's TILT (Thermo Ionic Lining Technology) is a new fabric that reflects heat to the body, making outdoor gear like sleeping bags and down jackets warmer without adding weight or affecting breathability. Up to 30% warmer than untreated gear, TILT fabric is made by bonding titanium to nylon fibres. The Mythic G is filled with 127 grams (based on the medium size) of incredibly high quality, 1000-fill power European goose down.
The features on the Mythic G have all been stripped back to be as lightweight as possible but without compromising on performance. I am a big fan of the down-filled hood; it's incredibly comfortable, and you get instant warmth when you put it up. The hood has an elasticated face opening but no other form of adjustment, a protective stiffened peak, and a soft and comfortable fleece-lined chin guard.
The Mythic G has two hand-warming pockets discreetly concealed in the baffles of the jacket. These are of a good size and provide a lot of warmth. The cuffs of the Mythic G are partially elasticated, and the hem of the jacket can be cinched with a single-sided rear hem adjustment.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Body mapped TILT lining improves heat retention and enables thermoregulation
- Stitch-through construction reduces weight and improves breathability and mobility
- Down-filled hood with part elasticated opening and protective stiffened peak
- Precurved and articulated sleeves for improved fit and movement
- Lightweight YKK® VISLON® centre front zip with fleece lined chin guard
- YKK® concealed zipped hand pockets
- Lightweight part elasticated cuffs for optimum fit and reduced bulk
- Lightweight single sided rear hem adjustment with anti snag tether
- Supplied with a lightweight stuff sack
- Small Weighs: 271g
- Medium Weighs: 284g
- Large Weighs: 301g
- XLarge Weighs: 319g
- Fit: Regular
- Centre back length (Size M): 72cm / 28.3inch
Material & Construction
- 7D Atmos™ nylon ripstop (23gsm) with fluorocarbon-free DWR
- 7D ripstop nylon with Thermo Ionic Lining Technology (TILT) (23gsm)
- 1000FP European Goose Down (127g / 4.5oz, Size M)
- Fabric Composition Main: 100% polyamide, Lining: 100% polyamide with metal coating, Filling 90% Down Goose 10% Feather