Updated with recycled fabrics, recycled down, zoned micro and nano baffle stitch-through construction. Our classic down vest is lightweight, packable and provides instant warmth when the temperature drops in the mountains.
Need a lightweight down gilet for multi-activity insulation? With recycled down and body-mapped baffles, our Microlight Vest delivers core warmth without restricted movement or wasted weight.
Our classic Microlight Vest has been upgraded. In addition to a fresh, active-cut aesthetic, the use of zoned micro and nano baffle stitch-through construction ensures a more intelligent distribution of down, eliminating cold spots and delivering warmth exactly where it’s needed. Built exclusively from recycled fabrics, it uses 700FP P.U.R.E recycled down, alongside a 30D Pertex® Quantum ripstop nylon outer with a weather-resistant DWR coating. Practical mountain features include easy-stretch elasticated armholes, harness-friendly zipped pockets, a drawcord adjustable hem and a close-fitting collar. They also include a compact stuff sack and a weight of just 317g for the easiest possible carry.
Whether you want casual everyday warmth or a flexible mountain mid-layer, the new Microlight Vest is down insulation at its most accessible.
Rab's Microlight Down Vest range of down garments are designed to replace a heavy fleece, providing similar levels of warmth for about 40% less weight. The RAB Microlight Vest is no exception - narrow baffles and high quality down ensures it has awesome insulation value for its weight.
The Microlight Vest has an impressively low weight. This updated version uses an fantastic array of recycled materials it to keep you warm. 118g of 700 fill power Hydrophobic European Goose down is from recycled sources while the durable 30D Pertex Quantum outer is also recycled. The green credentials of the new Microlight series is great to see but also performs just as well, if not better in our opinion, as past versions.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon fabrics are soft and packable
- Zoned lightweight micro and nano baffle stitch-through construction
- Close fitting down filled collar
- YKK® zipped hand pockets and large zipped chest pocket
- Drawcord adjustable hem
- Stuff sack included
- Small weighs: 294g
- Medium weighs: 308g
- Large weighs: 334g
- XLarge weighs: 346g
- Main Fabric: Recycled 30D nylon Pertex Quantum, 50g/m², with DWR
- Lining: Recycled 20D nylon, 38g/m²
- Insulation: Recycled 700 fill-power down Nikwax hydrophobic (water-resistant) finish (118g Size L)
- Composition: 100% recycled polyamide outer with 100% recycled polyamide lining