MSR's Hubba NX series tents are the lightest version of the Hubba tents yet still benefit from the classic Hubba design, featuring near vertical walls, a good blend of fabric and mesh and thoughtful features that make them more comfortable.
Reinvented as the most livable tent available for its ultralight weight, the bestselling MSR Hubba Hubba 2-person backpacking tent now weighs in at a trim 1.54 kg / 3 lb 7 oz. Ultra-compact and precision-engineered, the tent feels as light and efficient to use as it does to carry. From its optimized, symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor that maximize space, down to its integrated, adjustable stake-out loops that speed setup, this tent redefines livability.
Whether you’re setting out to climb the Sawatch Range or circumnavigate Mount Rainer along the Wonderland Trail, the freestanding, 3-season Hubba Hubba tent lets you enjoy the full backcountry experience — including time spent in the tent.
MSR's Hubba Hubba NX tent is the lightest version of the 2 person Hubba Hubba series and one of our favourite tents. We like that the head height is maintained over a wide area, we like the long interior length giving you space to store your gear, and we like that its freestanding so you can pitch it on hard ground or move it around to find the best spot when choosing your campsite.The Hubba Hubba NX has two doors and two equally sized porches, a configuration which offers great flexibility and ease of use for two people - you get your own space!
The Hubba NX series differs from the Hubba HP series in that the flysheet is not cut as close to the ground, and there are reinforcements added to the HP version making it more suited to stormy conditions.
There is now an alternative version called the Hubba Hubba Shield which comes with cutting-edge Easton Syclone Poles and an improved Xtreme Shield waterproof coating that lasts up to 3x longer than normal coatings. However, this does come at an added cost so be sure to check out the Hubba Hubba Shield before making your decision on which tent to buy.
If you would like a footprint for this tent you will need the MSR Universal 2 Footprint (sold separately).
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Lightweight: Ultralight at 1.6kg - much lighter than previous models
- Maximum Space: Two full vestibules and two doors for easy entry and plenty of protected gear storage
- Easy Setup: Unified hub-and-pole system with colour coded stake out loops and clip webbing makes for a fast and easy setup
- Download Hubba Hubba NX Setup Instructions [PDF]
|WARRANTY|||||This item comes with a product lifetime warranty. For more information see the MSR website.|
- Fly sheet weighs 554g
- Inner weighs 606g
- Poles weigh 450g
- Total weight 1610g
- Pegs & accessories weigh 116g
- Capacity: 2
- Floor area: 2.7 sq m
- Vestibules total area: 1.62 sq m
- Tent volume: 1217L
- Vestibules total volume: 481L
- Interior height: 100cm
- Packed size: 46x15cm
- Number of doors: 2
- Freestanding: yes
- Number of poles: 1 DAC Featherlite NFL
- Pegs: 10 MSR Needle pegs (included)
- Also comes with: 4 guy lines, 4 aluminium cord adjusters
- Flysheet fabric: 20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Durashield polyurethane & silicone
- Inner fabric: 20D ripstop nylon & 15D nylon micromesh
- Floor fabric: 30D ripstop nylon 3000mm Durashield polyurethane & DWR
- Suitable Footprint: MSR Universal 2 Footprint (sold separately)