MSR's Hubba NX series tents are the lightest version of the Hubba tents yet still benefit from the classic Hubba design, featuring near vertical walls, a good blend of fabric and mesh and thoughtful features that make them more comfortable.
Newly redesigned, now featuring an optimized floor-plan and more livable volume, the best-selling, freestanding 3-person backpacking tent has reinvented lightweight livability for three.
Weighing in at just over 2 kg / 4 lb 7 oz—a full .88 kg / 1 lb 15 oz lighter than before—the MSR Mutha Hubba NX tent is the ideal tent for a minimalist trio backpacking deep into the Sierras in the heat of summer, or tackling the Appalachian Trail for an extended trip in the spring.
The easy-to-assemble 3-person tent features a unified, symmetrical frame and non-tapered floor to maximize space, two easy setup options, plenty of head and elbow room throughout, and the most livable accommodations for 3-season conditions.
MSR's Mutha Hubba NX tent is the lightest version of the 3 person Mutha Hubba series and one of our favourite tents. We like that the head height is maintained over a wide area, we like the long interior length giving you space to store your gear, and we like that its freestanding so you can pitch it on hard ground or move it around to find the best spot when choosing your campsite.
The Mutha Hubba NX has two doors and two equally sized porches, a configuration which offers great flexibility and ease of use, especially for only two people - you get your own space!
The Hubba NX series differs from the Hubba HP series in that the flysheet is not cut as close to the ground, and there are reinforcements added to the HP version making it more suited to stormy conditions. This latest incarnation is arranged so that the occupants sleep with head or feet to the doors, whereas with the old model the occupants slept across the doors. The new configuration is better because you don't have one person in the middle torn between which of their mates they're going to climb over to go to the loo.
At just 2kg the Mutha Hubba is a very lightweight three person tent, especially when you consider the comprehensive pole arrangement.
If you would like a footprint for this tent you will need the MSR Universal 3 Footprint (sold separately).
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Lightweight: Featuring lightweight fabrics, tent poles and weight-saving designs, Hubba NX series tents help keep packs light
- Livable: Unique pole configuration maximises head and elbow room throughout the tent; mesh canopies and adjustable, cross-ventilating rainfly offer optimal airflow and unrestricted views
- Easy Setup: Unified hub-and-pole system with colour coded stake out loops and clip webbing makes for a fast and easy setup
- Download Mutha Hubba NX Setup Instructions [PDF]
|WARRANTY|||||This item comes with a product lifetime warranty. For more information see the MSR website.|
- Capacity: 3 person
- Flysheet weighs 662g
- Inner weighs 692g
- Poles weigh 654g
- Total weight 2008g
- Pegs weigh 120g
- Floor area: 3.67 sq m
- Vestibule area: 1.3 sq m
- Interior peak height: 112cm
- Poles: 1 x DAC Pressfit
- Pegs: 12 x Needle stakes
- Fabrics: Flysheet: 20D nylon ripstop Durashield coated 1200mm HH, Inner: 15D nylon micromesh/20D nylon ripstop, Floor: 30D nylon ripstop Durashield coated 3000mm HH
- Suitable Footprint: MSR Universal 3 Footprint (sold separately)
Help & advice: