An innovative take on ultralight camping. The F10 Hydrogen Air uses AirBeam technology to remove the need for poles and minimise weight. A serious option for the more weight conscious hiker.
After many years of research and development by the Project Hydrogen team, the F10 Hydrogen Air is the world's lightest twin skin tent with AirBeam® technology. The stable structure is easy to inflate with a small bike pump. Great for lightweight hiking or bikepacking trips; The highly compressible structure packs away easily into small rucksacks and bike panniers bags.
Vango's F10 Hydrogen Air Tent pushes the limits for technological advancements in search of low weight. The use of AirBeam technology with versatile inflation allows this tent to be put up quickly and easily. The lack of poles means that the packsize for this tent is seriously impressive and will certainly benefit anyone who is short of space. Ideally suited to bike- and fast-packers alike, the beam can be inflated with a bike pump or the storage sack which doubles as a pump sack.
The materials used focus on lightweight so the fly and inner use 7D fabric with a 10D groundsheet. There is a small carbon pole for the foot end and it comes with a set of ultralight titanium pegs too. The all-in-one pitch is fast and effective, and will be a big plus for many. Inside, the tent is surprisingly spacious with decent head room and a small vestibule. Obviously, with a tent this light you need to take care and consider where you are pitching it and be careful when setting up and putting it away.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Flysheet and inner pitch together - Quick and easy to pitch and pack
- Ultralight AirBeam® - The beam creates a stable structure that is more resistant to deformation than a conventional pole
- Small Pack Size - Packs down to 1 litre, and can be packed into the smallest bags
- Shrader Valve - Enabling you to use a bike pump or compressed air cartridge to inflate in seconds
- Twin skin - No compromise on design means this tent will protect you
- Flysheet Vent - Permanent vent above door to reduce condensation and increase comfort
- Useable Porch - Store equipment in sheltered area
- Titanium Pegs - Ultralight and strong tent pegs
- Carbon Upright Pole - Short pole that is strong and light, packs down to be stored with the tent pegs during transit
- Flysheet & inner weighs: 682g
- Short pole weighs: 14g
- Total weight: 696g (excludes pegs & bags/pumpsack)
- Pegs x12 weigh: 40g
- Pack size: 20 x 12cm
- Pitching time: 5 minutes, Flysheet first all-in-one
- Capacity: 1 Person Tent
- PROTEX® 7D Double Silicone (2000MM HH) - Vango Protex 7D Double Silicone flysheet. Exclusive to Vango
- 7D Breathable Inner - Breathable and Lightweight
- 10D Ripstop Nylon PU Groundsheet - Durable and Lightweight
- Poles - AirBeam® engineered technology and carbon fibre upright
Help & advice: