UOG TOP PICK - Hilleberg Anjan 3 Tent - We've singled out Hilleberg's Anjan 3 as one of our top recommendations because it is the best 3 person tent for three-season use in the UK. The top quality construction, spacious design and ease of use make this an ideal tent for anyone looking to spend more time in the hills.
The Anjan 3 is a great tent to see you and two others comfortably through three seasons. With top quality design, materials and construction you are getting a fantastic tent. This lighter weight tunnel tent from Hilleberg will still stand up to pretty full on conditions but is meant to be more manageable for backpacking trips where you want space but still need a reasonable weight.
The Anjan and Anjan GT models were created specifically as very light tents for use in snow-free conditions, and are especially good for mobile adventures. All have catenary patterning on the outer tent walls to ensure constant venting while still offering excellent protection from the rain, and their single opening pole sleeves offer quick pitching. Their inner tents have an all mesh door and a large mesh vent in the rear wall for continual air flow. For very warm conditions, you can fully roll up the rear wall of the outer tent, and you can completely roll away the Anjan’s vestibule.
Both the Anjan and Anjan GT models are perfect for 3-season backpacking and summer bicycle tours, and are well-suited for hunters on scouting trips or on early season hunts. They are also ideal for warm weather comfort seekers who want to “size up” but still keep the weight very low: the Anjan 2 makes a deluxe solo tent, and the Anjan 3 is lightweight luxury for two. Even the Anjan 2 GT and Anjan 3 are surprisingly light – yet huge – solo shelter options for those who hold spaciousness in the highest regard!
Hilleberg's Anjan 3 Tent provides that additional space to comfortably sleep three. The details in the design, materials used and quality of construction result in a fantastic tent. Hilleberg focus their designs on quality, durable tents that provide shelter from challenging conditions. They use a label system to differentiate their tents and intended uses. The Anjan falls into the Yellow Label category. This means that the tent is the best choice if light weight is your highest priority and if you travel in the snow-free months and in protected terrain, or in warmer climates.
The tunnel design of Anjan provides immediate strength and space. However, with a focus on weight the Anjan does use slightly thinner materials and is aimed at three season use. It will still stand up to pretty serious conditions we encounter in early-Spring and late-Autumn periods. The recent redesign sees a shorter fly increase the ventilation and an overall improvement in pitching making it quicker and easier to put up in windy conditions. The space inside is excellent and with a good sized vestibule there is plenty of space for all three of you to spread out with all your gear. There is a decent amount of headroom too.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Hilleberg products outside the UK)
- Kerlon 1000 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a supremely lightweight tent that is still quite strong.
- 3 season design: ventilation is built into the construction, and the inner tent mesh areas have no backing fabric panels.
- Tunnel construction offers maximum space to weight ratio and is the ideal choice for mobile journeys.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Tunnel design requires only four pegs for pitching, and the simple, single-opening, continuous sleeve and pole tensioner pole system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable.
- A single entrance and vestibule afford easy access and plenty of storage space, but keep the weight very low.
- An optional footprint covers only the inner tent area and not the vestibule. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with a Mesh Inner tent (sold separately).
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holderes (sold separately).
- Flysheet & inner weighs: 1416g
- Poles weigh: 342g
- Total weight: 1758g (excludes pegs & bags)
- Pegs x12 weigh: 116g
Construction + Materials
- Inner tent area: 3.2 m2/34.4 ft2
- Vestibule area: 1.4 m2/15.1 ft2
- Fly fabric: Kerlon 1000, 20 D High Tenacity Ripstop Nylon 66
- Fly treatment: Coated on both sides with a total of 3 layers of 100% silicone, and treated for UV resistance during dyeing and coating
- Fly hydrostatic head: 5000 mm/49 kPa (ISO 811)
- Fly tear strength: min. 8 kg (ISO 13937-4)
- Inner tent fabric: 10 Denier Ripstop Nylon
- Inner tent treatment: Durable Water Repellent (DWR)
- Floor fabric: 50 Denier Nylon
- Floor treatment: Double-coated polyurethane
- Floor hydrostatic head: 12000 mm/118 kPa (ISO 811)
- Floor miscellaneous: Highly puncture & abrasion resistant
- Poles (9mm): 1 x 328, 1 x 285 cm / 1 x 129.1, 1 x 112.2 in
- Pegs: 12 Y-Peg UL
- Pack size: 48 x 14cm/19 x 5.5in