Ideal for backpacking and bikepacking the Ridge Raider bivi is a low profile freestanding single skin bivi, made from waterproof and highly breathable Pertex Shield Air fabric to reduce condensation and increase comfort.
If you want to hike and bike without the bulk or the baggage of a tent, the new Ridge Raider Bivi is a brilliantly versatile solution.
This freestanding, single-skin bivi combines a waterproof bathtub base with an air-permeable upper built from Pertex Shield Air. As a lightweight three-layer fabric with an enhanced air permeable membrane, it delivers outstanding overnight dryness, condensation control and comfort. With an overhead hoop and a micro pole at the foot, there’s plenty of structured volume for sleeping with vital gear like your gloves, batteries, water bottle and backpack. The zipped main entry also comes with an integrated mosquito mesh door and an internal height of 60cm for a comfortable, almost tent-like experience. At 890g with a packed size of 32cm x 15cm, it delivers a level of outdoor flexibility way out of proportion to its weight and scale.
Rab's Ridge Raider Bivi is a solid, well sized bag that is capable of standing up to regular use across the seasons. The use of an aluminium hoop at the head and short pole at the foot end provides a generous amount of internal space, making it comfortable in all weathers. To add to the burly design there are 6 external peg points and 3 guy lines with 9 V-pegs included so you can make this bag as sturdy as a tent in the worst conditions. If conditions are good the Ridge Raider can be opened up so you can sleep under the stars and the inbuilt mesh door allows you to keep out the bugs too.
Made with 15D Pertex Shield Air you get a waterproof and breathable layer of protection. This is supported by a 40D ripstop nylon lining with a bathtub base. This certainly isn't the lightest weight bivy, in fact a number of tents weigh in lower than this but the small pack size and durable, all-season design certainly stand out with this solid bit of kit.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Air-permeable waterproof upper fabric for high levels of comfort
- Spacious sleep area provided by DAC pressfit pole at head end, and a short vertical pole at the foot
- Bathtub base with taped waterproof seams
- Zipped main entry, with internal mosquito mesh door
- 6 external peg points and 3 guy lines
- Includes 9 DAC V-stakes
- Weight: 906g
- Size: 240cm length x 80cm shoulder width x 60cm internal height at head
- Packed size: 32cm x 15cm
- Main: Pertex Shield Air 15D polyamide 3L ripstop with PU membrane and polyamide backer/ 90gsm/ HH: 15,000mm/ MVTR: 20,000 g/m2/24 hours/ DWR
- Lining: 40D ripstop nylon with PU coated back / 108gsm / HH: 10,000mm/ DWR
Help & advice: