This ultralight emergency bivy sack offers the ideal amount of protection for wide range of situations without adding much to your pack—making it the perfect backup shelter.
The diminutive, ultralight and weather-resistant E-Bivy sack can be tossed into a pack lid on any trip, providing essential protection for an unplanned night in the hills, or added warmth and comfort when used under tarps or on open bivies. Its silicone-coated fabric top blocks wind, dew, spindrift and precipitation, making it the perfect emergency shelter.
MSR's E-Bivy is MSR's lightest and most compact, water resistant bivy, now 25% lighter than the previous version. It does exactly what a good bivy should; it offers protection from wind, damp ground surfaces and morning condensation, all without burdening your pack with excess weight. The pack size is excellent too, packing smaller than a Nalgene bottle so it doesn't take up valuable room in your pack.
If you're looking for a minimalist camping shelter you can combine it with a tarp and lightweight sleeping bag to provide a warm and dry nights sleep. It can also be tossed into a pack lid on any trip, providing essential protection for an unplanned night in the hills.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
MSR's Xtreme Shield Fabric Coating
- Ultralight: Ultra-packable & ultralight emergency shelter is easy to take with you.
- Reliable: Durable bivy offers warmth & weather-resistance when you need it
- Protection: Silicone coated fabric top; Xtreme Shield™ waterproof floor.
- Weight: 172g (excludes storage bag)
- Capacity: 1 person
- Length: 2.24m (88in)
- Width of top: 0.91m (36in)
- Width of bottom: 0.58m (23in)
- Packed size: 18 x 10cm
- Top: 15D ripstop nylon coated
- Floor: 15 D ripstop nylon 1200mm Xtreme Shield polyurethane & DWR