A warm, waterproof shell designed to withstand the cold unpredictable months of the year.
A waterproof down filled jacket built with a taped Pertex® Shield outer and filled with recycled 700FP down. Warm and windproof this jacket will withstand cold, rough weather with boxwall construction for optimised down lofting and insulation.
Though this down jacket uses 700 fill recycled down as its primary insulation, the jacket also utilizes synthetic insulation in the hood and the cuffs, the areas that are most likely to get wet. This ensures you won’t lose heat and loft if they get wet, but also using synthetic insulation in the hood as opposed to down, which dampens sound, allows you to hear much better. This is brilliant if the weather turns bad and you need to coordinate with a rope partner.
The outer waterproof shell is a 30D Pertex Shield, which give the jacket a Hydrostatic Head of 10, 000 and allows the jacket to vent moister build up efficiently.
The hood is a highlight for me, as stated above it is filled with Stratus synthetic and when cinched down feels incredibly comfortable and warm, it is adjusted with a drawcord around the crown, and has a stiffened peak to keep rain and snowdrift out of your eyes.
The main front zip is a Vislon style, which I prefer for a main zip as it gets snagged less, this zip is two way so you can use this jacket if belaying. The exterior of the jacket has two YKK water-resistant zips protected hand pockets, as well as an internal security pocket.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Bonded narrow box wall construction for reduced weight and bulk
- 2-way adjustable Stratus™ synthetic insulation fill hood with wired peak
- YKK® VISLON® front zip with internal zip baffle
- 2 YKK® AquaGuard® zipped hand warmer pockets
- 1 YKK® zipped internal security pocket
- Stratus™ filled slimline cuffs with hook and loop adjustability
- Dual sided rear adjustment and dropped hem improves warmth on lower back
- XSmall (UK 08) weighs: 674g
- Small (UK 10) weighs: 705g
- Medium (UK 12) weighs: 738g
- Large (UK 14) weighs: 782g
Material & Construction
- Main Fabric: 30D Pertex® Shield 2L coated fabric (75gsm) with fluorocarbon-free DWR. HH: 10,000mm/MVTR: 10,000 g/m2/24hrs
- Lining: 20D Recycled Ripstop Nylon (38gsm)
- Main Insulation: 700FP Recycled Down with Nikwax Fluorocarbon-Free Hydrophobic Finish (191g/ 6.7oz Size 10)
- Secondary Insulation: 133gsm Stratus™ Synthetic Sheet Insulation in hood and cuffs
- Outer:100% Polyamide/Polyurethane Coating Lining:100% Recycled Polyamide
- Centre back length (Size 10): 76cm / 29.9inch