The stretch and comfort of a softshell with the protection of a hardshell. A combination of knitted and woven Proflex fabrics provide freedom of movement, stretch and protection for fast moving alpine ascents.
The Women’s Kinetic Alpine 2.0 Jacket is built light but versatile for alpinists who want to pare back the kit list on multi-day mountain adventures. It is constructed from recycled Stretch Knit Proflex™ fabric with exceptional breathability of 35,000g MVTR. That is bolstered with woven reinforcements at the lower arm for walking; at the cuff for climbing; and at the shoulder and hip for backpack straps and harnesses. Built to combine hardshell protection with softshell comfort, the inherent stretch of the fabric enables a closer cut than a traditional waterproof jacket. The cuffs, hem and helmet-compatible hood are also adjustable for tailored comfort and the large zipped pockets are elevated to stay clear of the harness zone.
With a brushed fleece chin guard and fully taped seams, this is a purist technical shell for mountaineers, climbers and hikers.
Rab's Womens Kinetic Alpine 2.0 Jacket has been updated with the inclusion of recycled face fabrics which have obvious environmental benefits with no impacts on the performance. It is still a super stretchy and comfortable waterproof jacket blurring the lines between hardshell and softshell with the innovative Proflex fabric. The jacket has the high breathability and soft feel of a 'softshell', but is totally waterproof with a hydrostatic head rating of 10,000mm, it has taped seams like a hardshell, perfectly good for all but the very worst conditions and you can expect to wear it as your hardshell.
Feature-wise it has two large hand pockets with water resistant zips high enough to be used when wearing a harness or hip belt. There is another large internal chest pocket. The main zip is YKK Vislon with an internal waterproof flap - this means its made from plastic teeth with a coated waterproof tape - these zips are softer and more pliable than nylon coil zips (which are used on the pockets). The hood is helmet compatible with with a wired brim that can be cinched in by the simple toggle on the neck. The waist adjustment is also simple with a cord and button to press to release the tension.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Helmet compatible hood with a stiffened and flexible polymer peak
- Front and rear hood adjustment
- YKK aquaguard 2-way center front zip
- YKK aquaguard pocket zips
- YKK inner zipped chest pocket
- Dual fabrics provide reinforcement in high wear areas
- Brushed tricot chin guard
- Fully adjustable drawcord hem
- Velcro adjustable cuffs
- UK 08 weighs: 340g
- UK 10 weighs: 364g
- UK 12 weighs: 374g
- UK 14 weighs: 396g
- Fit: Regular
- Centre back length (Size 10): 68cm/26.8inch
- Main: Recycled polyester knit face 3L with PU membrane and polyester backer/ Proflex/ 120gsm/ HH: 10,000 mm/ MVTR: 35000g/m2/24 hrs
- Reinforcement: Stretch polyamide woven 3L/ Proflex/ 149 gsm - Stretch polyamide woven 3L/ Proflex/ 149 gsm