For an expedition size pack made with highly durable yet lightweight fabrics the Women's Ariel Pro does a good job. The capacity of the pack means that it has to be good for carrying heavier loads and it certainly ticks that box.
A tough yet light women’s specific pack designed for adventures where dependability is key. Completely stripped down, streamlined and svelte, the Ariel Pro 65 is made for type-two adventures that span days or months; alpine climbing expeditions with remote basecamps, or boundary-pushing long-distance hikes through unknown landscapes where the only trail is the one you make. With one zipper, minimal fuss and strengthened hardware, this pack provides worry-free dependability in the harshest of conditions.
Stripped down, lightweight for moving fast and getting the job done. The Ariel Pro doesn’t just carry heavy loads well, it fits bodies of all shapes and sizes. These packs are built for those who appreciate efficiency and create their own specific systems of organization based on their unique needs, whether expedition mountaineer or explorer of points unknown.
Created with NanoFly™ fabric, a tried-and-trusted female specific backsystem and an extremely efficient main compartment design, these packs are built for those who appreciate simplicity and are used to creating a backpacking system to suit their own needs.
Osprey's Womens Ariel Pro is a serious 65L expedition rucksack. Designed specifically for women to maximise comfort with lightweight, highly durable fabrics and stripped back to provide exactly what's needed for a long adventure. Obviously, with this kind of capacity the pack has to have a solid structure to make carrying a heavy load as comfortable as possible and it certainly manages this. Compression straps add versatility if you are going out with less kit in good conditions and most of the features are removable to allow you to strip it down further in these cases.
The fabric used is a mixture of 200D, 210D and 315D which are all amazingly durable yet the pack doesn't weigh as much as you'd expect with this. After prolonged use on numerous expeditions this pack still looks in really good condition - certainly nothing a good clean wouldn't fix. The pack still has everything you'd expect for an expedition ready rucksack. It is hydration system compatible, has stowable ice axe loops, trekking pole attachments, secure rope carry system, removable lid, sleeping pad straps and compression webbing. The hipbelt pockets are large and secure so you can easily keep key items handy.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Designed for Women
- Compatible with Daylite and Daylite Plus
- Compatible with Hydraulics™ Reservoir
- FlapJacket™ top cover for use without lid
- Internal top load compression strap
- Large removable hipbelt pockets, one zippered and one cinch closure
- Removable floating lid with spindrift collar
- Removable side compression webbing
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Sternum strap with emergency whistle
- Stowable twin ice axe loops
- Stow-on-the-Go™ trekking pole attachment
- Under lid rope carrying system
- Weight: 1586g (without lid), 1726g (with the lid)
- Dimensions HxWxD: 83 x 41 x 36cm
- Volume: 65L
- Weight: 1676g (without lid), 1812g (with the lid)
- Dimensions HxWxD: 88 x 41 x 36cm
- Volume: 68L
- NanoFly® 210D Nylon X 200D UHMWPE
- 315HD Nylon Oxford
Help and advice: