UOG TOP PICK - Soto's WindMaster Stove with 4Flex - A team favourite. Remarkably light for a feature packed canister gas stove and has a regulated output for winter use. It is so effective in poorer conditions that you don't even need a windshield.
Soto's Windmaster stove uses a micro regulator to maintain output in cold conditions and an internal piezo igniter that can't get damaged. It also has a unique burner head to eliminate performance problems in windy conditions. This set comes withd the 4Flex pot supports.
Boil 2 cups of water in under 2-1/2 minutes in strong winds and gusty weather. This well-made stove is able to stand up to harsh conditions.
The Soto WindMaster stove is designed so the pot sits close to the flame, making it more efficient in windy weather. Results in increased efficiency so boil time is quicker and longer. The concave design of the burner head creates the effect of a built-in windscreen. The 4Flex pot support works for a larger pot, but the smaller, TriFlex pot support, is available separately. An efficient stove for whatever size pot your adventure requires.
*NOTE: The WindMaster OD-1RXN which comes with only the 4Flex pot support replaces the previous WindMaster OD-1RXC that came with both the TriFlex and the 4Flex. The stove itself remains exactly the same.
SOTO's Windmaster Stove has all the technology benefits of the Micro Regulator stove and is fitted with a unique burner head that is designed to eliminate performance problems caused by windy conditions.
Its rare that something as ubiquitous as a gas stove gets such a comprehensive design makeover - SOTO have done an impressive job with these stoves by installing technology that really makes a difference. The stove will boil water at the same speed as similar stoves under ambient conditions but upto twice as fast in colder conditions.
This windmaster stove set is supplied with a four pronged pot support for better stability.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Exchangeable pot support depending on the need.
- Superior performance under windy conditions: Designed to position pot close to the flame - nearly impossible for the wind to penetrate this stoves flame.
- Continuous output under cold weather: With installation of the micro regulator, the WindMaster is able to maintain a consistent output when challenging the limits in this category of stoves.
- The WindMaster offers a wide range of flame control options: Compared to traditional needle-valve system stoves, the WindMaster with micro regulator offers a wide range of flame control options.
WindMaster Stove Specifications
- Output: 2800 kcal/h 3260w 11000 BTU
- Duration: Burns approx.1.5 hours with 8 oz.(250g) canister
- Dimensions when in use: 9 x 11.7 x 9.7cm (3.6 x 4.7 x 3.9in)
- Dimensions when stowed (stove body only): 4.7 x 9 x 8.8cm (1.9 x 3.6 x 3.5in)
- Stove with 4Flex pot support: 86g
- Stove without 4Flex pot support: 60g