Stormsure Tuff tape is a strong repair patch that can be used on a wide variety of surfaces.
Stormsure ’TUFF Tape’ is a very strong, clear, self-adhesive, waterproof tape that is sold as individual pre-cut patches and strips of various shapes and sizes. TUFF Tape is made of a thin, but very tough, polyurethane film with a pressure sensitive adhesive and backing paper on the rear side. It has characteristics unlike many other tapes. It is waterproof and air tight. It is highly resistant to abrasion and very difficult to tear or puncture. It stretches and is elastic and it can withstand both heat and extreme cold without losing all its useful characteristics. TUFF Tape is very strong and can bind together items just by stretching the tape around the item and using the elasticity to pull the pieces tightly into place. When TUFF tape is applied to clothing it will go through regular washing machine cycles unaffected.
USES: Use TUFF Tape to quickly repair rips in waterproof clothing, ripped netting and fabrics, inflatable mattresses, canoes and RIBs, tents and awnings, sails and kites, waders, cracked buckets and other plastic containers, PVC curtain sides on trucks and warehouses.
DIRECTIONS: Ensure that the surface is clean and dry before using. Cut a suitable sized piece of TUFF Tape for your repair using good quality scissors or a sharp scalpel blade. Peel off the backing paper. Carefully position and then apply the TUFF Tape directly on top of the damage. Start at one edge and press the tape down gradually to avoid the entrapment of air bubbles. Once the TUFF Tape is in place rub it firmly with a smooth and hard object (such as the back of a spoon) to ensure the maximum adhesion to the substrate.
Stormsure's Tuff tape works really well and is easy to use. It can be used to repair a wide variety of materials including technical outerwear and PU tent fabric. The patch sets give you a handy amount of options for different holes and tears that you may come across, you can cut up the sheet they're on too if you want to take some on your trip. Has a clear matte finish when applied which makes the patch virtually invisible.
Stormsure does not yet offer patches or sealant that are compatible with Silicone infused fabrics.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Tuff Tape is a very thin adhesive polyurethane tape which exhibits the following characteristics: Unbelievably strong and tough, flexible, elastic, conformable, waterproof, airtight, abrasion and puncture resistant and almost impossible to tear
- It is soft to the touch and tolerates hot and cold temperatures
- When applied carefully on clothing, it will survive several cycles through a washing machine.
- Sticks to most dry surfaces (except silicone treated surfaces).
- Use Tuff Tape to repair rips, leaks, cracks and tears.
- You can bind things together very strongly by stretching the tape before bonding it.
- Weight: 4g
- Contents: 12 x Assorted self adhesive pre cut patches of TUFF Tape