(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship MontBell products outside of the UK)
The Travel Sun Block is a lighter weight version of the Sun Block which also has a smaller pack size. It is an ideal trekking and travel umbrella that is designed to provide protection from the sun and rain when you're out and about.
This small handy umbrella provides simple breathable rain protection and can yield shelter from the mid-day sun. it's 2.8 oz(80g) lighter than current Sunblock series and makes easier to stow away in your pack when travelling.
Montbell's Travel Sun Block Umbrella provides a decent amount of coverage from the sun and rain. Although the design is more aimed at sun protection this umbrella stands up well to rain too. The lighter weight design means that it is susceptible to gusts of wind, but on calmer days it is a great piece of kit. The lighter weight 20D fabric used is surprisingly durable but obviously less so than the normal, heavier Sun Block series.
The simple foam handle is comfortable to grip while the umbrella opens and closes with ease. The carbon frame keeps the weight down to just 132g and when folded up it measures just 23cm in length. The low weight and short pack size make this an ideal piece of kit for the outdoors as it can easily to stowed away and works really well keeping you sheltered from the rain and sun.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Provides simple breathable rain protection and can yield shelter from the mid-day sun.
- Lighter than current Sunblock series
- Weight: 132g (excludes pouch), 136g (including pouch)
- Opened Diameter: 88 cm
- Extended Shaft Length：50cm
- Number of ribs: 6
- Canopy: 20-denier polyester (Polyurethane coating)
- Rib: Carbon
- Upper Stem: 0.4mm-thick Iron
- Two Lower Stem: 0.55mm-thick Aluminum 6063