(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship MontBell products outside of the UK)
The Sun Block is an ideal trekking umbrella that is designed to provide protection from the sun and rain when you're out and about. A low weight and small pack size make this a great piece of kit to travel with wherever you go.
Our compact umbrellas are the ideal companion; stow them away in your daypack, luggage, or car. This lightweight umbrella possesses a small footprint when stored, but repels all but the worst precipitation and shades you from harmful UV rays. Clever mountaineers, international travelers, and backpackers recognize that a small handy umbrella provides simple breathable rain protection and can yield shelter from the mid-day sun.
Montbell's Sun Block Umbrella provides a good amount of coverage from the sun and rain. Although the design is more aimed at sun protection with the reflective silver top along with the UPF 50+ rating, this umbrella stands up well to rain too. It's size means that it is susceptible to strong gusts of wind, but on calmer days it is a great piece of kit. The 75D fabric used means that it is a lot more robust and durable than you'd expect.
The simple foam handle is comfortable to grip while the umbrella opens and closes with ease. The carbon frame keeps the weight down and when folded up it measures just 25cm in length. The low weight and short pack size make this an ideal piece of kit for the outdoors as it can easily to stowed away and works really well keeping you sheltered from the rain and sun.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- UPF rating of 50+(UV cut 99.7%)
- Designed for use both in fine and rainy weather.
- Small handy umbrella, perfect for outdoor activities and hiking under the burning sun.
- Weight: 204g
- Opened diameter: 38.6 in (98cm)
- Extended shaft length: 20.9 in (53cm)
- Folded length: 9.8 in (25cm)
- 75-denier polyester Face: Polyurethane Silver Coating
- DWR: Standard DWR treatment