The Telos is a new tent with a focus on practical features at a low weight from Sea to Summit. Packed with innovative extras this tent has a generous amount of space and is designed to be versatile and user friendly.
Sea to Summit says
With best-in-class space, climate control and multiple set-up modes, the three-person fully-featured Telos TR3 PLUS with full fabric inner, was designed for the ultimate three+ season camp experience. Our patent-pending Tension Ridge Architecture delivers unmatched useable room, a higher ceiling, oversized doors and two large vestibules for storing gear along with a truly effective and adjustable ventilation system. Designed for cooler climates, the breathable full fabric inner blocks wind while allowing humid air to escape.
For ultimate versatility, the Telos TR3 PLUS can be pitched in a multitude of ways, including our Hangout Mode, which converts the tent into a semi-open shelter. It’s also packed full of intuitive features like our FairShare Storage System, which is comprised of dual-use storage bags that can be clipped into your tent to create extra storage and our illuminating Lightbar. With a full fabric inner and DAC’s world-class Featherlite NSL and PRESSFIT pole sections, the Telos TR3 PLUS is the ultimate in ultra-lightweight liveability in cool-climates.
Sea to Summit's Telos TR3 Plus Tent is a spacious, practical and versatile three person tent. The Telos manages to keep the weight down while focusing on a spacious, user friendly design. The full range of tents use the innovative Tension Ridge pole design which increases head height, creates more space and improves ventilation. The placement and design of the vents is also a well thought out aspect that allows you to keep condensation to a minimum. There is a really good amount of internal space and vestibule space for sitting up in, cooking and storing all your kit, even more so if there's only two in the tent.
There are a range of interesting features included which some people will love and others will probably find gimmicky. However, it's great to see any company trying new ideas such as the Lightbar, FairShare storage system which then doubles up for additional storage pockets and a number of practical touches with guy cords and pegs. The set up is designed to maximise versatility with a number of options including fly only, inner only and other more interesting ones depending on the weather. This Plus version comes with a full fabric inner. This does increase the weight slightly but it is worth it if you are camping in colder conditions as it keep out draughts and keeps in heat much better than the mesh inner version.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Patent-pending Tension Ridge Architecture creates class-leading usable space, height and climate control.
- Oversized Apex Vent efficiently expels hot air to prevent condensation build-up.
- Baseline and Apex Vents work together to create superior airflow and are easily adjusted from inside the tent.
- Breathable Nylon fabric canopy with seam-taped 8000mm waterhead floor for dependable performance in cold and wet conditions.
- Dual layer adjustable vents on inner ceiling and doors allow airflow without compromising insect protection.
- Easily convert the fly into a semi-open shelter with our patent-pending Hangout Mode—perfect for socialising, communal meals or getting out of the sun (requires a pair of adjustable trekking poles or Telos Hangout Mode Pole Set, sold separately).
- FairShare Storage System allows you to distribute weight evenly between friends or within your pack.
- Lightbar tent pole storage sack doubles as a light-diffusing lamp that can be secured to the ceiling.
- Patent-pending and easy-to-use Quick Connect Tent Feet allow one-handed attachment and adjustments.
- Ultimate versatility with six set-up configurations: Dry Set-Up, Fly Only, Inner Only, Partial Fly, Classic and Hang Out Mode.
- Two large vestibules provide plenty of space to store gear and protect it from the elements.
- Tall-wide doors allow for comfortable access and expansive views outside for a more liveable interior.
- Easily adjustable Ground Control Guy Cords with quick-connect V-Toggles can be attached or removed from multiple guy loops to suit wind conditions.
- Available accessories: Telos Hangout Mode Pole Set, Bigfoot Footprint, Lightfoot Footprint, Gear Loft, additional Ground Control Light Tent Pegs and Guy Cords
- Inner tent weighs: 778g
- Flysheet weighs: 642g
- Poleset weighs: 606g
- Total weight for comparison: 2026g (excludes pegs and bags)
- x8 pegs supplied weigh: 60g
Sea to Summit Specs
- Capacity: 3 Person
- Minimum trail weight: 2032g (includes fly, inner + poles)
- Fast fly weight: 1583g (this includes fly, poles + footprint)
- Packaged weight: 2229g
- Outer tent dimensions (HxWxL): 134 x 333 x 232cm
- Inner tent dimensions (HxWxL): 128 x 181/147 x 230cm
- Packed size: 15 x 15 x 49cm
- Door height: 133cm
- Floor area: 39.5 ft / 3.69 m2
- Total area: 61.5 ft / 5.7 m2
- Vestibule area: 21.5 ft / 2 m2
- Season: 3+ season
- Seam sealed: Yes
- Number of vestibules: 2
- Number of pegs included: 8
- Number of guylines: 2 x 1m, 4 x 2.2m
- Fits Sea to Summit Mats: 2 Large Rectangular OR 3 Regular Tapered OR 2 Regular + 1 Large Tapered (inverted)
- Repair kit: Yes (includes self-adhesive fabric repair patches + pole repair splint)
Construction & Materials
- Silicone and Polyether Poly-Urethane (Sil-PeU) coated 15D fly fabric provides excellent hydrolytic stability for durable waterproof performance.
- 1200mm waterhead 15D fly and 8000mm 30D floor, both with fully-taped and waterproof seams.
- DAC Featherlite NSL and PRESSFIT pole sections with varying diameters for maximum strength at minimum weight.
- Strong 7075-T6 aluminium alloy Ground Control Light Tent Pegs provide secure anchoring thanks to the custom TriPoint, multi-notch design.