Stretchy. Breathable. Waterproof. Choose Three.
Forget everything you think you know - the Kinetic Alpine will change the way you dress in the mountains.
Fully waterproof, highly breathable and stretchy, this is a radical re-approach to protective yet comfortable clothing systems. Perfectly combining the supple, flexible nature of a softshell with the protection and durability of a hardshell, gear using Proflex fabric contours to your body shape. Wicking away any sweat generated on steep ground, it's easy to forget you are wearing waterproofs until the showers roll in. At this point you no longer have to pause and reach into your pack - simply push on.
How does it work?
A breakthrough in technology, the inspiration for the Kinetic Alpine came directly from the fabric– Rab’s own Proflex.
Constructed from a highly flexible hydrophilic membrane positioned between two high gauge, knitted layers, Proflex’s unique knitted structure has been developed by Rab to optimise performance.
Working simultaneously the inner quickly wicks sweat and moisture, while the outer protects you from the elements.
What gear uses Proflex?
Rab Kinetic Alpine
Radically reinventing layering, the Kinetic Alpine Jacket is created from Rab’s own Proflex fabric. With reinforced ceramic print overlays in high wear areas and a full alpine feature set, this waterproof, highly breathable, stretchy jacket will change the way you dress in the mountains.
Perfectly combining the supple, highly breathable nature of a softshell with the protection and durability of a waterproof, the Kinetic Alpine Jacket is both lightweight and durable allowing this jacket to be worn for a range of conditions and activity levels
- Ceramic print overlays on hood, shoulders and sleeves to increase durability.
- Helmet compatible hood with concealed drawcord adjuster and a laminated and stiffened peak.
- YKK® AquaGuard® Vislon® front zip with internal storm flap.
- Two YKK® AquaGuard® zip A-line pockets and one internal zipped pocket.
- Low bulk stitch free hem with concealed adjuster.
- Slim fit with a centre back length (Size L) of 76cm.
- Stuff sack with loop to clip to harness.
- Weight: 390g (size large)
Rab Kinetic Pants
With a close fit and refined feature set, these pants have been designed for a range of conditions and activity levels. Ceramic print overlays in high wear areas such as the seat and knee increase durability on rocky scrambles and reduces the risk of snagging or tearing, without hindering the flexibility of the fabric. Alongside a low profile waist adjustment, zipped expanding ankle closures and knee articulation provides essential functionality for the mountains. Light and highly packable, a small stuff sack aids easy storage when not in use.
- Made from Proflex fabric - a stretchy, breathable and waterproof fabric with tough nylon face and a high gauge knit wicking lining.
- Ceramic print overlays on seat, knees and instep to increase durability.
- Comfortable low profile drawcord waist adjustment with YKK® reversed fly opening.
- YKK® zipped expanding ankle closure and webbing loops at hem for under boot cord attachment.
- Two YKK® zipped handwarmer pockets.
- Slim fit with knee articulation for unhindered mobility.
- Stuff sack with loop to clip to harness.
- Weight: 280g (size large)
Kinetic Plus Jacket
The Kinetic Plus Jacket is a super lightweight, waterproof, stretch softshell with high levels of breathability, the ideal outer layering piece for a range of mountain activities.
Designed with Kinetic, the Rab® innovation and breakthrough in protection and flexibility, this jacket uses our own Proflex™ fabric technology for maximum built-in stretch. This allows incredible freedom of movement when climbing and moving fast. With Kinetic, for the first time, your outer protective shell clothing can have unimpeded mobility as well as incredible comfort and softness. Designed for day-long use in challenging, changeable weather conditions, the Men's Kinetic Plus Jacket has a waterproof component hidden inside: a high performance, flexible membrane with a waterproof measure of 10,000mm and an exceptional breathability level in excess of 35,000cc/sqm/24hrs.
The outer and inner layers of Proflex™ are engineered, high gauge knits – the outer treated for water repellency, the inner wicking to move moisture rapidly through the system. With A-line pockets and adjustable cuffs, this piece will transform the way you dress for the mountains.
- Breathable membrane and taped seams
- High gauge wicking lining
- Close-fitting stretch-on hood with laminated and stiffened peak
- 1-way YKK® AquaGuard® VISLON® front zip
- YKK® AquaGuard® A-line pockets
- Hook and loop adjustable cuffs
- Stitch-free hem and cuffs for comfort