UOG TOP PICK -The Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter System is incredibly lightweight and comes with a 1.0 Litre squeeze pouch for dirty water which is then squeezed through the filter to your mouth. Internationally renowned and one of our Top Picks
Weighing just 3 ounces, the Squeeze Water Filter ensures you have access to clean water in the backcountry or anywhere in the world. Simply fill up the pouch at a lake, stream, or river, screw the filter directly onto the pouch, and then squeeze the bag to filter water into a bottle.
Rated to 0.1 micron absolute filtration, it removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, leptospirosis, cholera and E.coli, , removes 99.9999% of all protozoa (such as giardia and cryptosporidium), and it also removes 100% of microplastics.
Backed by a lifetime warranty, the versatile, award-winning Sawyer Squeeze Filter is incredibly simple to use and fits in the palm of your hand, making it ideal for backcountry trekking, international travel, emergency preparedness, and more.
Winner of BACKPACKER Magazine’s highly sought after Editors’ Choice Award in 2012.
Don’t ever pop a pill, pump a filter, or wait for filtered water again. With a life expectancy of 1,000,000 gallons, the Sawyer Squeeze filter is truly a lifetime of water in the palm of your hand.
Simply fill up the pouch at any source of water, screw the filter on to the pouch and proceed to using in multiple ways such as:
- Squeeze the bag and filter water into your water bottle or container of choice
- Drink directly from the filter which has push/pull cap included for on/off functionality
- Attach the filter onto most threaded water bottles, including standard 2 liter bottles.
The Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter System is fantastically lightweight filter unit which comes with a squeezable 1.0 Litre pouch that you can fill with dirty water and squeeze it through the filter into another container - or indeed into your mouth. We like the focus on cleaning as this type of filter can get clogged easily if the water isn't pristine, using the included syringe the filter can be washed through quickly and easily - we look forward to trying these in the field.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Includes collapsible pouch that are made from durable Mylar foil (100% BPA FREE), can be rolled tightly for easy packing, and can be reused hundreds of times
- The Squeeze System has a removable push/pull cap built right in, so you can spray water straight into your mouth or use it to fill a water bottle; fills most water bottles in 30 seconds.
- The PointONE filter removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera and E.coli; removes 99.9999% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium
- We’ve included syringe to backflush the filter for an ability to maintain the filter in the field as well as to promote a high-flow rate
- The PointOne will also fit the threads on most bottles of water that you buy at a grocery store; great for international travel
- Incredibly easy to use, The Squeeze System comes with simple cleaning and maintenance instructions
- Squeeze Filter with Push/Pull Cap
- 2 – 32 ounce Collapsible Pouches
- Backwashing Plunger
- Inline Adapters
- Drinking Straw or Gravity Tube
- Mesh Carrying Pouch (can also be used to create gravity water filtration system)
- Unit weighs 68g
- Push Pull Cap weighs 4g
- Cleaning Syringe weighs 28g
- Squeeze pouch weighs 32g
- Longevity: Lifetime Warranty Filter
- Material: Hollow Fiber
- Removes: Bacteria, protozoa, E. Coli, giardia, vibrio cholerea, Salmonella typhi, and microplastics
- Best Uses: Hiking, backpacking, ultralight backpacking, camping, emergency preparedness
- Weight: 3 ounces