UOG TOP PICK -The Micro Squeeze Water Filtration System is an adaptable and super light weight system to keep you hydrated with peace of mind and tummy whatever your water source- its an easy top pick for us!
Enjoy clean and safe drinking water wherever you roam with the ultra-compact, lightweight, reusable Sawyer Micro Squeeze Water Filtration System — from backcountry adventures to everyday office work and from domestic and international travel to emergency prepping. With a total field weight of 2 ounces, this tiny filter fits in the palm of your hand. While small in size, the powerful Micro Squeeze removes 99.99999% of bacteria (salmonella, cholera and E. coli) and 99.9999% of protozoa (cryptosporidium and giardia) — exceeding EPA recommendations for removal rates.
Attach the Micro Squeeze to the included drinking pouch, use the included straw to drink directly from your water source, connect it to your hydration pack tubing, or screw it onto standard disposable bottles (28mm thread). Made of a strong, softer material, the included 32-ounce (1-liter) Squeeze Pouch is half the weight of the standard 32-ounce Sawyer Squeeze Pouch and features a redesigned gusset for easy filling and stability.
The Sawyer Micro Squeeze is rated up to 100,000 gallons. It comes with a 32-ounce reusable squeeze pouch, drinking straw, cleaning coupling, spare gasket, and cleaning plunger.
Sawyer International's Micro Squeeze Water Filtration System is an adaptable and light weight system to purify water when out in the wilderness.
This really is a complete package coming with the filter itself, a water pouch, straw and cleaning plunger. You can use the straw to dink directly from your water source. The filter fits onto most standard water bottles but the pouch works fine. The flow rate is pretty decent, you don't need to squeeze hard. All in all an excellent addition to anyone's backpacking kit.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Great for outdoor recreation, hiking, camping, scouting, domestic and international travel, and emergency preparedness, the Sawyer Micro Squeeze Filter gives you a variety of ways to access clean water.
- Simply fill up the included reusable pouch at any water source, screw the filter onto the pouch, and drink directly from the filter or squeeze water into a water bottle.
- For even more versatility, screw the filter onto most standard disposable water or soda bottles, or attach it inline on hydration packs (sold separately).
- The Micro Squeeze’s filtering membranes are sturdy enough to withstand backwashing using the included syringe, restoring up to 98.5% of the filter’s flow rate each time you clean it.
- The Micro Squeeze can be cleaned and reused almost indefinitely with no expensive cartridges to replace… ever. We recommend backwashing and sanitizing the filter after every outing for optimized use.
- Kit includes: Micro Squeeze Filter with Push/Pull Cap, 1 – 32 ounce Collapsible Pouches, Backwashing Plunger, Cleaning Coupling, Spare Gasket, Drinking Straw.
- Weight: 78g (excluding cleaning plunger)
- Longevity: up to 100,000 Gallons
- Volume: Includes 32 oz pouch
- Filter material: Hollow Fiber Membrane
- Removes: Bacteria, Protozoa, and Cysts, including E. Coli, giardia, vibrio cholerea, Salmonella typhi
- Best uses: Hiking, backpacking, ultralight backpacking, camping, emergency preparedne
Yes, the Micro Squeeze will work well with the Platypus range of water bottles.