Great looks, high performance and unbeatable protection from the Shield sunglasses. Some nice stylish touches added to the versatile design mean that you can use them for a range of activities in seriously bright conditions.
Julbo has combined its high-altitude technical expertise with a modern look to create high-protection, high-performance sunglasses. Removable fabric side shields provide flawless protection and comfort. Fitted with the Air Flow venting system, SHIELD will be your ally of choice when you start to work harder on the ascent. They'll stay firmly in place thanks to curved Grip Tech temples and a non-slip bridge. And the sophisticated design will add an extra note of boldness to your next high-altitude challenge.
Julbo's Shield M Reactiv High Mountain 2-4 Sunglasses do a great job of balancing style, protection and performance all round. The glasses feature removable sidewalls to ensure that added protection against the wind, rain and snow you might find up there. The style of these glasses makes them much more versatile than some of the other high protection glasses so still look good worn around town. The adjustable arms and strap provided will keep these on your head no matter what shape it is or what activity you're doing.
These come with Category 2-4 Reactiv High Mountain lenses which covers normal through to brighter light levels. The versatility of these polarized High Mountain lenses with anti-fog coating provide excellent performance for anyone who needs versatile glasses that can still give you maximum protection when needed. The lenses are versatile enough to wear on a range of conditions but they really excel in the brightest light when other glasses would be unable to cope.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Photochromic lenses (cat. 2 to 4 - visible light transmission rate: 5% - 20%), they get darker or lighter to match changing light conditions, and polarization eliminates glare on reflective surfaces. Lenses adapt to changes in exposure and glare. Ideal for extreme visual conditions: desert, sailing, high mountains and skiing. Improved reading of relief and maximum protection thanks to polarization. Internal anti-fog coating.
- Nose Grip: Flexible, shock-absorbing grip insert on the bridge.
- Air Flow: Venting incorporated into the frame to facilitate air circulation and prevent fogging.
- Cord attachment: Allows attachment of a cord.
- Fabric side shields: They are soft-touch to provide maximum comfort and do not cause irritation in contact with skin.
- Grip Tech temples: Exclusive soft material on the temples that doesn't stick to hair, for perfect grip and comfort.
- Removable side shields: Side protection from sunlight.
- Total Cover: Maximum protection from sunlight in extreme conditions.
- This model comes with a silicone cord (H447011, size L).
- Weight: 28g (excluding pouch)
- Category: 2-4
- Lens Type: Reactiv High Mountain 2-4 Photochromic Lenses
- Lens Base Colour: Brown
- Mirror/Flash: N/A
Help and advice: