The Nallo 3 GT provides an unbelievable amount of space for you to escape whatever the weather throws at you. With excellent materials and construction the Hilleberg name sets the standard for quality and durability. When the additional space is vital this GT version delivers it and more.
The Nallo GT models are known for their light weight. But it’s their remarkable strength that makes these tents the first choice for anyone needing the lightest weight tents that still offer all-season, all weather functionality. This includes hikers of all types, of course, but also wilderness photographers, climbers, hunters, and other adventurers who want to get more out of carrying less.
Two-person parties can easily choose the near-palatial space of the Nallo 3 GT without any real weight penalty, just as three-person parties can “size up” for the Nallo 4 GT without exceeding their weight “budget.” Families with younger children, those who hike with their dogs, and anyone else needing extra space find the Nallo GT models’ extended vestibule indispensable. In addition, there is an entrance on either side of that extended vestibule, and the entire front section can be rolled back to create a full tent-width “covered patio” that’s ideal for lounging out of the weather while still being outside.
Hilleberg's Nallo 3 GT Tent is an amazing shelter. The details in the design, materials used and quality of construction result in a fantastic tent. Hilleberg focus their designs on quality, durable tents that provide shelter from the worst conditions. They use a label system to differentiate their tents and intended uses. The Nallo GT falls into the Red Label category which are: ideal for trips in any season where lighter weight is the priority and are quite capable of standing up to challenging terrain and conditions.
The Nallo GT builds on the traditional tunnel design with two main poles with the inner already attached then an additional pole over the extended vestibule, so it is easy to put up and can be done fairly quickly. You need a significant space for this tents footprint because it really is cavernous. The inner tent it very generous for three people and the vestibule area provides a load of usable space with a door that can be configured in so many ways you shouldn't need to worry about the weather getting in. With a simple vent at the top of the door and an inventive zip vent at the rear base of the tent. Inside the inner sits 5cm+ away from the fly and there is still enough head space to sit up.
The quality of the fly, floor, inner and every other part of the tent is obvious as soon as you pull it out of the bag, but this is also where the weight comes from. Weighing in at well over 2.8kg this obviously isn't an ultralight shelter but the massive amount of space from the extended vestibule are not going to be light weight. Every aspect of this tent makes you confident it will withstand any weather that is thrown at it, and despite some flapping issues in high winds this has certainly been the case so far. The poles, stitching, pole sleeves, guy lines down to the zippers are all made with serious, durable materials. All of this does add to the cost and the weight.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Hilleberg products outside the UK)
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a very lightweight yet supremely stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Tunnel construction offers maximum space to weight ratio and is the ideal choice for mobile journeys.
- A good amount of room for two occupants and their gear.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Tunnel design requires only four pegs for pitching, and the simple, single opening continouse sleeve and pole tensioner system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable.
- A single entrance and extended vestibule afford easy access and maximum storage space, but keep the weight very low.
- The lower portion of the rear outer wall can be rolled up for greater venting options.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with a Mesh Inner tent (sold separately).
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holderes (sold separately).
- Flysheet & inner weighs: 2349g
- Poles weigh: 514g
- Total weight: 2863g (excluding pegs and bags)
- Pegs x20 weigh: 239g
Construction + Materials
- Inner tent area: 3.2 m2/34.4 ft2
- Vestibule area: 2.7 m2/29 ft2
- Fly fabric: Kerlon 1200, 30 D High Tenacity Ripstop Nylon 66
- Fly treatment: Coated on both sides with a total of 3 layers of 100% silicone, and treated for UV resistance during dyeing and coating
- Fly hydrostatic head: 5000 mm/49 kPa (ISO 811)
- Fly tear strength: min. 12 kg (ISO 13937-4)
- Inner tent fabric: 30 Denier Ripstop Nylon
- Inner tent treatment: Durable Water Repellent (DWR)
- Floor fabric: 70 Denier Nylon
- Floor treatment: Triple-coated Polyurethane
- Floor hydrostatic head: 15000 mm/147 kPa (ISO 811)
- Floor miscellaneous: Highly puncture & abrasion resistant
- Poles (9mm): 1 x 328, 2 x 285 cm / 1 x 129.1, 2 x 112.2 in
- Pegs: 20 V-Peg
- Pack size: 51 x 18 cm / 20 x 7 in