Light, soft to the touch, and well-fitting, an insulating layer that keeps you warm without impeding movement.
Extremely lightweight, 900FP down and synthetic insulated hoody, offering the ultimate in packable instant warmth. A breathable Pertex® Quantum outer, body mapped insulation, and refined climb ready fit provides alpinists with next level comfort.
The Mythic Alpine Down Jacket offers a superb weight-to-warmth ratio, thanks to the 900 fill power down. European Goose Down, treated with a Fluorocarbon-Free Hydrophobic Finish, is held in place by a stitch-through construction, keeping you warm and cosy, with strategically placed down. The inner lining is made from a Recycled Pertex Quantum, which feels lovely and soft next to bare skin. The outer material, a light, and strong Polyamide, is also 100% recycled.
The partially elasticated cuffs ensure a good fit and prevent cool air from entering your warm jacket. The jacket also cinches in place around the hem, with Dual sided adjustments, which are located inside the jacket and this prevents them from getting snagged or tangled.
Primaloft gold, a synthetic insulation, has been used at the sides, the base of the hood, shoulders, and cuff, this aids in airflow, but more importantly, since it’s synthetic, it won’t lose its loft or heat retention if it gets wet, as these are the most exposed areas it makes sense to use a synthetic material hear. It’s good to see a mix of insulation that utilizes the strengths of both down and synthetic to keep you warm.
The hood is a nice fit, keeping you warm, and protected from the wind. The elasticated opening ensures a tight fit, which again prevents heat displacement. This also ensures the hood stays in place, moving with you, and won’t impede your field of vision. The hood has a small stiffened peak, but this dose very little, and I would rather it simply continue to be elasticated. The fleece-lined chin guard feels nice against your skin when you have the jacket fully zipped up. Two large hand pockets give good storage but are not backed with down, this saves on weight but would have been nice to have somewhere to warm hands in on cold days.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Lightweight stitch-through construction for optimum mobility
- Zoned down and synthetic-filled hood with part elasticated opening and stiffened peak
- Lightweight YKK® centre front zip with soft fleece lined chin guard
- Precurved and articulated sleeves for improved fit and movement
- 2 YKK® concealed zipped hand pockets
- Single sided rear hem adjustment with anti snag tether
- Supplied with a lightweight stuff sack
- Fit: Slim
- Centre back length (Size M): 73cm / 28.7inc
- Small weighs: 265g
- Medium weighs: 277g
- Large weighs: 282g
- XLarge weighs: 314g
Material & Construction
- 10D Recycled Pertex® Quantum nylon ripstop (28gsm) with fluorocarbon free DWR
- Lining: 10D Recycled Pertex® Quantum nylon ripstop (28gsm)
- Main Insulation: 900FP European Goose Down with Nikwax Fluorocarbon-Free Hydrophobic Finish (80g / 2.8oz, Size M)
- 60gsm PrimaLoft® Gold on sides and base of hood, shoulders and lower inner cuff
- Outer: 100% Recycled Polyamide. Lining: 100% Recycled Polyamide