For the highest level of protection in a smart and simple design the Montebianco 2 Spectron 4 are a great choice and provide amazing value for money for the level of performance.
MONTEBIANCO 2 is the perfect ally for admiring stunning landscapes. The lines of this now iconic Julbo model have been completely redefined for a more contemporary look showcasing its dynamic sporting credentials. In terms of comfort, the sunglasses have new Grip Tech temples and a non-slip bridge making them a benchmark model for the mountains. And you can still count on their protective design and removable side shields for safe exploration of new horizons at altitude.
Julbo's Montbianco 2 Spectron 4 Sunglasses have a pretty simple but very effective frame that suits a wide range of outdoor activities. The simple, curved design means the glasses sit comfortably and grip naturally - that being said they are probably not a good choice for high impact sports such as downhill or enduro riding as there is no additional grip fro silicon strips. The arms have removable side shields, for when you need that extra protection, and have small holes that allow you to add a cord attachment.
These come with Cat. 4 lenses which provide the highest level of protection from visible and UV light. The amount of protection is immediately obvious as they are the darkest in the range by far. Definitely not suitable for darker days or normal everyday use but ideal for high altitudes and particularly bright conditions where you need much more protection than normal.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Cat. 4 polycarbonate lens (visible light transmission rate: 5%) with an anti-reflective coating: improves visual comfort by eliminating stray reflections. And a flash finish: improves filtration of visible light by applying a mirror effect to the lens. Blocks sunlight and increases the filter effect. Recommended for sports exposed to conditions with strong glare.
- Nose Grip: Flexible, shock-absorbing grip insert on the bridge.
- Curved temples: Ergonomic profile for good grip on the face and head.
- Grip Tech temples: Exclusive soft material on the temples that doesn't stick to hair, for perfect grip and comfort.
- Removable side shields: Side protection from sunlight.
- Total Cover: Maximum protection from sunlight in extreme conditions.
- Weight: 26g (excluding pouch)
- Category: 4
- Lens Type: Spectron 4
- Lens Base Colour: Brown
- Mirror/Flash: Silver Flash
Help and advice: