The Methow pants from Outdoor Research are warm softshell pants with a fleecy interior and tight like fitting giving them a point of difference to comparable softshell pants.
Outdoor Research says:
Built for getting outside during the winter months, these softshell pants will keep you warm & protected from the elements with a cozy, soft, fleece inside and durable shell exterior fabric.
Outdoor Research's Methow Pants provide warmth and comfort for strenuous days on the hill during the winter months. The zoned construction gives you super soft brushed fleece inner on the around the waist and thighs to keep you toasty. The rest of the pants prioritises breathability.
The Methow pants have a very slim fit quite close to a tight preventing cold air circulating. Range of movement is unhindered thanks to the stretchiness of the pants. The outer is durable and will easily brush off showers and spindrift but you will need a more waterproof layer for when the going gets wet. 2 hand warmer pockets with fleecy interior are a great way to keep your hands warm. There are 2 zipped pockets, one on the rear the other on the thigh.
The waistband does not have the stretch that the rest of the trouser has but there is draw cord adjustment and belt loops are provided.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Brushed Interior Fabric at Upper Thigh & Seat
- Cirque Lite (Non-Brushed) Fabric at Lower Legs
- Bonded Belt Loops
- Internal Drawcord Waist
- Hybrid Mapped Construction
- Water Resistant
- Quick Drying
- Movement-Mirroring Stretch
- DWR Treatment
- The Infinite Guarantee: Outdoor Research gear is guaranteed to perform throughout the lifetime of the product
- Small (30" waist) weighs: 372g
- Medium (32" waist) weighs: 384g
- Large (34" waist) weighs: 400g
- XLarge (36" waist) weighs: 435g
Material & Construction
- Upper Thigh & Seat: bluesign® approved 92% Polyester, 8% Spandex
- Lower Legs:bluesign® approved 88% Nylon, 12% Spandex