A versatile alpine all-rounder, this mid-weight Matrix softshell pant is designed for steep and technical climbing in all seasons. Durable, protective and wind-resistant it’s made for maximum comfort & freedom of movement on mixed mountain terrain.
The Ascendor AS is an all-round mountain pant, providing durability and protection from wind and weather. Suitable for scaling mixed terrain in all seasons, they have a slim fit and a wide range of movement.
Made from hard wearing, mid-weight Matrix™ softshell, the Ascendor AS Pants are a heavier version of the summer orientated Ascendor Light. Built for all season use, they are breathable but offer warmth in cold conditions. The Ascendor AS Pants have articulated knees and a long length crotch gusset, providing mobility for high steps or bridging. The high waistband is part-elasticated and fits comfortably with a harness, with the option to secure the pants with either a belt or braces. These climbing pants have two mesh-lined hand pockets and one zipped thigh pocket for storing essentials, with reinforced kicker patches to protect the lower leg. The zipped ankle gusset allows the hem to widen to accommodate various footwear, from trail shoes to winter climbing boots.
Providing warmth, weather protection and freedom of movement, the Ascendor AS Pants are perfect for alpine and all-mountain climbing adventures.
Rab's Ascendor AS Pants are a brushed fleece thin pant that have an elasticated waist thats comfortable over extended periods of time.
The stretch in these pants is great when you're tackling vertical steps on a ridge line or a steep incline, they feel as though you're not even wearing anything.
The reinforced inner ankle area combined with the small zip to get the pants over approach shoes and some mids, you would struggle to get them over a pair of boots, is a nice addition to these all round pants.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Part-elasticated waistband with double snap closure and YKK® zip fly
- Low profile, high waistband for good fit and comfort when using a harness
- Belt and brace attachment loops give multiple options for support
- 2 YKK® zipped, mesh-lined hand pockets
- 1 YKK® zipped rear pocket
- 1 YKK® zipped thigh pocket
- Long length gusset at crotch for increased mobility
- Knee articulation for ease of movement
- Reinforced kicker patches and hems for durability
- Zipped ankle gusset to widen hem for differing sizes and types of mountain footwear
- Small (30" waist) weighs: 420g
- Medium (32" waist) weighs: 424g
- Large (34" waist) weighs: 444g
- XLarge (36" waist) weighs: 462g
- Fit: Slim
- Main: Matrix™ double weave outer fabric with soft brushed back and fluorocarbon-free DWR (207gsm)