The Meteor Lite 3000 provides a lightweight balance between usable space and durability. A new lighter weight model of the popular Meteor 3000, the weight has been stripped back but none of the features!
Sierra Designs says:
Take your home deeper into the wilderness with the Meteor Lite tent, a backpack-friendly update to our time-tested Meteor that shaves weight off your back with lighter, more premium materials. The strong, fully freestanding design touts 2 doors, 2 vestibules and near-vertical walls, with a footprint that allows you to spread out in every direction, giving plenty of room for you, your gear and your sense of freedom. A durable and waterproof bathtub floor provides the best foundation for all-weather camping, and an ultralight mesh body keeps air flowing all night long. Paired with the PFC-free durable water repellent (DWR) coated rain fly that rolls back for extra ventilation and stargazing, there’s no stopping your quest for the ultimate campout.
A new lighter-weight model of an already popular tent is everything we love here at UOG. The Meteor 3000 was already a fantastic all round tent with good liveable space and plenty of head height. Now it's more robust and over 368g lighter!
A simple but highly effective pole design lets you quickly and easily set up and put down the tent. The space inside is generous for three, and the use of almost vertical walls makes the space more practical for sitting up in. It allows good ventilation and stands up well to typical three-season conditions in the UK.
We love the roll-away fly, its perfect for star gazing on a hot summer night, and I've always been a fan of their burrito bag, which also allows you to quickly put the tent away and pack it down small without having to be too neat when folding the tent away.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- 3000MM PFC-Free DWR water repellent creates a breathable, ultralight, and waterproof tent for reliable and comfortable protection
- Fully freestanding for versatile pitch and ease of use
- Full coverage fly with rollback Moon Roof feature for ventilation and night sky views
- 2 door/2 vestibule design for ease of use and gear storage
- Hubbed pole structure with ridge pole to make vertical side walls
- Prebends for increased internal area at head and feet
- Flysheet weighs: 725g
- Inner weighs: 753g
- Poles weigh: 584g
- Total weight: 2062g (excludes pegs & bags)
- Pegs weigh: 89g
Sierra Designs Specs
- Min Weight - TBD
- Pack Weight - TBD
- Dimensions - 70” x 84” / 178 x 213cm
- Area - 40.8ft2 / 3.79m2
- Peak Height - 42” / 107cm
- Poles - Aluminum
Material & Construction
- 15D Nylon Ripstop / 1200mm / C0