Nordisk's Lofoten tents offer good protection in an extremely lightweight package but compromise on space - this makes them an ideal racing tent where a lack of space for a few nights is not really an issue.
Lofoten 1 ULW is with a race weight of 490 g one of the lightest two layer tents in the world – but when packed it’s definitely the smallest. The secret is the new state of the art aluminium poles with ultra short segment lengths enabling an uncompressed pack size of only 11 x 22 cm.
The fabric is the new Nortech T-NY 7D with a weight of only 26 g/m2 and a thread count of 580. The 3 layers of silicone coating on each side ensures high durability, water repellency and the new Flex-rope Suspension System adds high flexibility and strength. Lofoten can transform from a 1 to a 2 man version by simply replacing the inner tent.
Nordisk's Lofoten 1 ULW Tent is small - there's no getting away from it, with a head height of just 70cm it's significantly lower than other one person tents. On the plus side though its a true double skin tent with a predominantly fabric inner that will perform well in UK conditions.
One of the most astonishing things about the Lofoten tents are their packed size, reminiscent of a bag of sugar - and that's with the poles, which pack down to a very short length. The flysheet for the solo version is identical to the two person Lofoten its the inner tent that changes - therefore the solo tent has a bit of a vestibule area for keeping small amounts of gear, whereas the two person version has no porch whatsoever.
All this compromise on space has a purpose - you get a fantastically lightweight tent with an amazingly small packed size that will protect one or two people from the worst weather - afterall it is designed in Scandanavia. Not surprisingly then its aimed at race goers who need the lightest option but don't mind compromising on space because its only for a night or two - and after racing all day all you want to do is sleep anyway.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Ultra light and compact
- Adjustable cabin width
- Can be pitched in about 2 minutes
- Possible to pitch inner tent alone
- Small porch for storage
- Centered foot end pole to optimize space
- Nordisk Flex-rope Suspension System
- Integrated packsack in detachable inner pocket
- Arches and 2 mesh ventilation's to optimise airflow
- Comes with a free bonus pack incl. pegs, guy ropes etc.
- Flysheet & inner tent weighs: 350g
- Poles weigh: 148g
- Total weight: 498g
- Pegs x5 weigh: 44g
- Maximum weight (including stuff sack and accessories): 682g
- Capacity: 1P
- Flysheet dimensions: 250 (L)x 125 (W)x 80 (H) cm
- Inner tent dimensions: 220 (L) x 85 (W) x 70 (H) cm
- Pack size: 11 x 22 cm
- Flysheet: 100% Nylon 26 g/m2 - 580 TC, Rip Stop, double side silicon 3 layer / 1600mm Hydrostatic Head
- Inner tent: 100% Nylon, Rip Stop, breathable
- Floor: 100% Nylon, Rip Stop, PU coated / 3600mm Hydrostatic Head
- Poles: ULW Lite aluminium / 7,5 mm / 1 main pole / 1 foot end pole / 1 tarp pole
- Guy ropes: 1,2 mm, Dyneema / Reflective
- Pegs: Nordisk tooth peg - Titanium 1g - 5 piece (Nordisk triple twister peg - Aluminium - 5 piece in bonus pack)