UOG TOP PICK - Kinetic 2.0 Pants Providing the stretch and comfort of a softshell with the protection of a hardshell. The perfect all-day pant with a refined fit offering true multi-activity put-on-keep-on performance, one of our top picks!
The Kinetic 2.0 Pant is great for changeable conditions when sporadic showers and strenuous activities are the order of the day. Constructed from three-layer Proflex™ Kinetic 2.0 fabric, it uses an internal PU membrane, sandwiched between a durable nylon woven outer and a soft, fast-wicking inner. While that delivers outstanding stretch and breathability for fast-paced scrambles, the slim, athletic cut offers extra usability thanks to expandable cuffs for larger boots and articulated knees for easy movement. The adjustable elasticated waist uses a secure silicon grip and the ankles and hem use heavier woven reinforcements to increase durability.
With waterproofing of 20,000mm HH and breathability of up to 20,000g MVTR, the Kinetic 2.0 Pant blends the protection of a hardshell with the comfort of a softshell for outstanding all-day practicality.
Rab's Kinetic 2.0 Pants are a fully waterproof pant that are comfortable enough to wear all day. The innovative Proflex material makes this possible and this updated version sees some subtle changes in order to improve durability and protection. The Hydrostatic Head rating has doubled in this new version to 20,000 delivering much more waterproof protection that will definitely keep you dry. What sets these pants apart is the incredible amount of 4 way stretch and breathability making them feel very much like a soft shell.
This version is much lighter weight and has a stripped back feature set compared to the Alpine 2.0 Pants which is ideal for a more versatile general use waterproof pants. These pants still have two hand pockets and a rear pocket along with water resistant zips and zipped ankles to allow a wider fit. The lightweight design is highly packable so it's ideal for stowing in a pocket on your pack for emergencies or comfortable and light enough for all-day wear.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Elasticated waist, with a silicon grip inner
- Low profile waist cord adjustment
- YKK Aquaguard pocket zips
- Concealed rear zipper pocket
- YKK zippered fly
- Articulated knees
- Reinforced ankle and hem
- Zippered hem gusset to widen cuff for bigger boots
- Hyperlon cord attachment points at hem
- Small weighs: 278g
- Medium weighs: 282g
- Large weighs: 286g
- Fit: Regular
- Main: Stretch polyamide 20D woven 3L with PU membrane and polyester backer/ Proflex/ 100gsm/ MVTR: 20,000g/m2/24 hrs/ HH 20,000mm
- Secondary: Stretch polyamide 20D woven 3L with PU membrane and polyester backer/ Proflex/ 149 gsm/ MVTR: 25,000g/m2/24 hrs/ HH 20,000mm
- Tertiary: Kicker patch: polyamide woven reinforcement