A hard-working, hard-wearing outer shell that, protects you and does its bit to help protect the planet as well.
The Dual Aspect Jacket is a fully PFC-free waterproof/breathable technical shell built for alpine climbing in the harshest conditions. This combination of full storm protection for the worst possible weather, a construction designed specifically for freedom of movement in the mountains, and a materials package free of perfluorinated chemicals is an important step forward in creating highly technical jackets with lower impacts on the environment. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
Made from a 100% recycled nylon ripstop this jacket does a fantastic job of protecting you whilst doing its bit to help protect the planet. The jacket has been made from recycled fishing nets which helps take pollution out of our oceans.
The hood of the jacket fits well and does an excellent job of protecting you in bad weather. The drawcord, which cinches the hood around the brim of your head, does a fantastic job of securely holding the hood in place. The peak of the hood isn’t wired but made of firm foam, brilliant for packing away small, which this jacket does, stuffing into its own chest pocket.
The two hand warming pockets elongate up slightly into the jacket, which means both pockets are fully accessible whilst wearing a rucksack or harness.
The jacket has dual zipped pit zips, which can quickly ventilate heat when you are working hard.
The jacket cinches at the cuffs with a standard Velcro fastening and the hem can be tightened with a neatly stashed drawcord. This is located in the right-hand pocket, out of the way to prevent snags or tangles.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Hood with laminated visor effectively sheds water, plus two-way adjustment provides good visibility in poor conditions with or without a helmet
- Center-front zipper and chest pocket with watertight zips and zipper garages; two welted handwarmer pockets stay clear of pack waistbelt or harness
- Pit zips with welted, watertight two-way zippers provide ventilation
- Jacket has low-profile, self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and self-stuffs into left-chest pocket
- Adjustable drawcord cinch at hem is routed up through front pockets to seal out weather and reduce bulk under pack waistbelt
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn, which means the people who made it earned a premium for their labor
- Small weighs: 410g
- Medium weighs: 418g
- Large weighs: 431g
- XLarge weighs: 450g
Material & Construction
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 3-layer, 3.4-oz 30-denier ECONYL® 100% recycled nylon ripstop face with a slick jersey backer, a waterproof/breathable barrier and a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals). Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Regular fit