Improvements to Julbo's flagship model see the Explorer take on a number of changes making it more compact but still full of features. The protection, clarity of vision in the brightest conditions you encounter in the high mountains is key.
Faster, stronger, higher: high mountaineering is changing, and the same is true for Julbo's flagship model. More ergonomic, better ventilation, slimmer and more stylish, EXPLORER 2.0 reaches new summits in performance. With large coverage, removable shields, 360° adjustable temples and high protection lenses, these glacier sunglasses are designed for extreme conditions without any compromise.
Julbo's Explorer 2.0 Alti Arc 4+ Sunglasses perform brilliantly when undertaking serious mountaineering activities. They have exceptional clarity from the updated and highly improved Cat 4 lenses with great peripheral vision. The Category 4 lenses are specifically designed for high altitude activities where high levels of protection are needed from visible light, UV light and increased glare but conditions can vary.
These come with Cat. 4 lenses which provide the highest level of protection from visible and UV light. The amount of protection is immediately obvious as they are the darkest in the range by far. Definitely not suitable for darker days or normal everyday use but ideal for high altitudes and particularly bright conditions where you need much more protection than normal.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Cat. 4 mineral lens (visible light transmission rate: 7%). Superior optical quality and highly scratch and shock resistant. External anti-reflective coating to improve visual comfort by eliminating stray reflections. And flash finish: improves filtration of visible light by applying a mirror effect to the lens. Recommended for high-mountain environments and expeditions.
- Nose Grip: Flexible, shock-absorbing grip insert on the bridge.
- 360° adjustable temples: The ends of the temples can be moved in all directions. Under a helmet, over a hat or on the head, the frames are held in place.
- Front Venting: Natural front venting of air created by the lens shape.
- Grip Tech temples: Exclusive soft material on the temples that doesn't stick to hair, for perfect grip and comfort.
- Panoramic view: Wide lens surface for maximum field of vision.
- Removable side shields: Side protection from sunlight.
- Total Cover: Maximum protection from sunlight in extreme conditions.
- Weight: 46g (excluding case)
- Case weighs: 60g
- Category: 4
- Lens Type: Alti Arc 4+
- Lens Base Colour: Brown
- Mirror/Flash: Silver Flash
Help and advice: