UOG TOP PICK - Petzl e+lite Headlamp - Best for ultralight but quite powerful - We've singled out Petzl's e+lite Headlamp because it is ultra light and ultra compact with a powerful 30 lumens. That is a great output for a lamp of this weight making it ideal for for keeping in your pack for emergency situations.
Petzl says: Ultra-compact emergency headlamp. 30 lumens
Ultra-lightweight and highly compact, the e+LITE emergency headlamp is the one to always have with you. Thanks to its carry case, it is always ready to use and can be stored with its batteries for ten years in a backpack, a vest, or an emergency kit, or used as a back-up headlamp. Its white or red, continuous 30-lumen lighting or strobe lighting helps you to be seen. The whistle integrated in the elastic headband allows the user to signal an emergency. Weighing only 26 grams, e+LITE is an ideal emergency headlamp.
The original Petzl's e+lite Headlamp is back, so you can now choose between the e+lite and the e+lite zip. It's marketed as an emergency headlamp - not sure why since for a summer trip this could be all you need. There is a ten year shelf life on the batteries so the assumption is that you can keep this in your bag for years until you need it.
It still features it's neat little rotary switch which allows easy movement between modes and of course it still has it's little emergency whistle and storage case. A great little head torch.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Ultra-compact and ultra-light emergency headlamp to always have with you
- Always ready to use, can be stored with batteries (lithium CR 2032) for 10 years
- White lighting allows you to move around easily in the dark
- For emergency situations, the powerful red LED allows you to be seen from a distance
- Locking on/off switch designed to prevent accidental operation
- Withstands extreme temperatures: -30° C to +60° C
- Waterproof to -1 meter for 30 minutes (IPX7)
- Weight: 26g
- White standard power 13 lumens / 6 meters / 11h30
- White maximum power: 30 lumens / 7 meters / 3 hours
- White strobe: 15 lumens / visible at 100 m for 95 h
- Red proximity: 2 lumens / visible at 100 m for 15 h
- Red strobe: 2 lumens / visible at 100 m for 70 h
- Beam pattern: Flood
- Energy: 2 lithium CR2032 batteries (included)
- Watertightness: IPX7 (waterproof to -1 meter for 30 minutes)
- Certification(s): CE
Help & advice:
Please note: We cannot ship this item outside of the UK as it contains a Lithium Battery.