The Eagle Creek Cargo Hauler 40L is a lightweight and durable duffel that packs down into it's front-end zippered compartment for compact storage. Updated design with tougher fabric.
Eagle Creek says
Our smallest Cargo Hauler Duffel 40L is ultra-light and durable, for even the most handy baggage-handlers who give it the ol’ heave-ho. Extra gear pockets make convenient places to put those items you don’t want to lose, like your winnings from a weekend in Vegas. No matter where you go or what you do, the Cargo Hauler will get you there. It’s convenient, resilient, and makes a great carry-on.
What I really like about Eagle Creek's Cargo Hauler Duffel is that it packs down small when empty and stuffs into its own side pocket, creating a handy carry case that you can't loose. Bags that stuff into their own pockets can sometimes be a challenge to get back inside due to stiff fabrics, but this one didn't take much effort at all.
You've also got multiple carrying options - it can be worn as a rucksack or you can remove the straps and just use the top or side padded grab handles. In terms of storage there's one main compartment, big enough for clothes and accessories, and two large side pockets which is large enough for shoes and toiletries.
The new and improved fabric is tougher than its predecessor, the zips have large pull's which makes accessing it while wearing gloves easy enough. The main compartment can be secured with a lock (lock not included), but the two side pockets don't have the same lockable zipper, however there are small fabric loops at each end that you could use to lock to the zips.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- TPU fabric provides maximum abrasion and water resistance
- Zip-away backpack straps stow in front zip pocket, providing protection during baggage check in
- Secure lock through #10 lockable zippers and Central Lock Point
- Storm flap on main and end compartment shield zipper from rain
- Detachable interior mesh divider separates and provides organization
- Interior zip pocket in end compartment with weather resistant zipper
- Bottom is foam padded to protect contents against impact
- Zippered end compartments for gear organization
- U-shaped top lid with reflective finger loop zipper pulls provide access to main compartment while wearing gloves
- Heavy duty daisy chain lash points for attaching bag to roof rack
- Compression straps compact contents and provide gear attachment
- Haul handles and backpack straps for versatile carry
- No Matter What™ Warranty
- Weight: 796g
- Capacity: 42.5 litres
- Dimensions: 56 x 26 x 32cm
- Fabric: TPU 600D Poly, 1000D Helix™ Poly Twill