The Anjan is a great tent to see you comfortably through three seasons. With top quality design, materials and construction you are getting a fantastic tent. This lighter weight tunnel tent from Hilleberg will still stand up to pretty full on conditions but is meant to be more manageable for backpacking trips where you want space but still need a reasonable weight.
The Anjan 2 was designed specifically as a very light tent for mobile adventures in warmer and snow-free conditions. And while it is indeed very light, it also have unexpected strength. During development, we set up an Anjan in our wind machine (a converted snow making blower), and left it for 6 to 8 hours in very strong winds. The Anjan stood strong with no problem.
We redesigned the Anjan models for 2017, replacing the dual opening pole sleeves and Lock-Tip poles with single opening sleeves and standard poles. To retain the excellent venting effect of having the outer stop short of coming all the way to the ground, we incorporated catenary patterning into the bottom of the outer tent walls, creating permanent gaps to allow full air flow. In addition to its venting effect, the new design is easier to pitch, especially in windy conditions.
The Anjan 2’s inner tent has an all mesh door and a large, triangular mesh vent in the rear wall for constant air flow. In very warm conditions, you can fully roll up the rear wall of the outer tent. You can also completely roll away the Anjan 2’s vestibule.
Given all of this, the Anjan 2 is perfect for 3 season backpacking trips and summer bicycle and paddle tours, and it is also well-suited for hunters on scouting trips or on early season, minimalist hunts. It is also ideal for warm weather comfort seekers who want to “size up” but still keep the weight very low: the Anjan 2 makes a deluxe solo tent!
The Anjan 2 Tent is another great shelter from Hilleberg. The details in the design, materials used and quality of construction result in a fantastic tent. Hilleberg focus their designs on quality, durable tents that provide shelter from challenging conditions. They use a label system to differentiate their tents and intended uses. The Anjan falls into the Yellow Label category. This means that the tent is the best choice if light weight is your highest priority and if you travel in the snow-free months and in protected terrain, or in warmer climates.
The tunnel design of Anjan provides immediate strength and space. However, with a focus on weight the Anjan does use slightly thinner materials and is aimed at three season use. It will still stand up to pretty serious conditions we encounter in the Spring and Autumn. The recent redesign sees a shorter fly increase the ventilation and an overall improvement in pitching making it quicker and easier to put up in windy conditions. The space inside is excellent and with a large vestibule there is plenty of space for you to spread out with all your gear. There is a decent amount of headroom too.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Hilleberg products outside the UK)
- Kerlon 1000 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a supremely lightweight tent that is still quite strong.
- 3 season design: ventilation is built into the construction, and the inner tent mesh areas have no backing fabric panels.
- Tunnel construction offers maximum space to weight ratio and is the ideal choice for mobile journeys.
- A good amount of room for two occupants and their gear.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Tunnel design requires only four pegs for pitching, and the simple, single-opening, continuous sleeve and pole tensioner pole system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable.
- A single entrance and vestibule afford easy access and plenty of storage space, but keep the weight very low.
- An optional footprint covers only the inner tent area and not the vestibule. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with a Mesh Inner tent (sold separately).
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holders (sold separately).
- Flysheet & inner weighs: 1240g
- Poles weigh: 318g
- Total weight: 1558g (excludes pegs & bags)
- Pegs x12 weigh: 116g
Construction + Materials
- Inner tent area: 2.6 m2/28 ft2
- Vestibule area: 1.2 m2/13 ft2
- Fly fabric: Kerlon 1000, 20 D High Tenacity Ripstop Nylon 66
- Fly treatment: Coated on both sides with a total of 3 layers of 100% silicone, and treated for UV resistance during dyeing and coating
- Fly hydrostatic head: 5000 mm/49 kPa (ISO 811)
- Fly tear strength: min. 8 kg (ISO 13937-4)
- Inner tent fabric: 10 Denier Ripstop Nylon
- Inner tent treatment: Durable Water Repellent (DWR)
- Floor fabric: 50 Denier Nylon
- Floor treatment: Double-coated polyurethane
- Floor hydrostatic head: 12000 mm/118 kPa (ISO 811)
- Floor miscellaneous: Highly puncture & abrasion resistant
- Poles (9mm): 1 x 305, 1 x 260 cm / 1 x 120.1, 1 x 102.4 in
- Pegs: 12 Y-Peg UL
- Pack size: 46 x 13cm/18 x 5in