Hilleberg's new trekking pole tent is nothing short of impressive, as you'd expect. This cavernous tent is lightweight, practical and easy to set up. A versatile design allows you to use it in a number of ways depending on the conditions and your requirements.
Very light, roomy, remarkably strong and versatile ridge tent for warm weather adventures.
The new Anaris is a very light and airy two-person ridge tent inspired by the first Hilleberg model, the Keb. Conceived for warm-weather backpackers and trekkers who prefer hiking with trekking poles, its two-vestibule construction is configured so the occupants sleep parallel to the vestibules. This provides impressive room for two people, with plenty of space for both and a dedicated entrance and vestibule for each. It also offers – along with the Anaris’s remarkably low weight – voluminous luxury for the solo traveler.
Backpackers who use trekking poles for hiking often look for a lightweight way to integrate their poles into their shelter. While many choose a minimal setup, such as our Tarp 5 and Mesh Tent 1, the Anaris offers an elegantly light solution for those who prefer the comfort of a true Hilleberg tent. As with all our models, the Anaris has linked outer and inner tents, allowing simultaneous pitching of both or separate use of either. The outer tent, made with our very light yet strong Kerlon 1000, provides both outstanding weather protection, and, thanks to the walls not going all the way to the ground and the curved patterning at their bottoms, full-time air flow. Roll both doors on both vestibules completely away, and the inner tent’s full mesh doors and entrance walls provide superlative venting for very warm conditions.
The Anaris offers more levels of versatility, as well. While built for a trekking pole pitch, it can also be set up by suspending the ridge ends, and either one or both of the outer tent walls can be fully rolled away for maximal breeziness in hot weather. And for those who want the option of a more minimal shelter solution on some trips, the outer tent alone makes a kind of “super tarp”: it offers the full functionality of rolling away walls and vestibule doors yet weighs just 640 g (1 lb 7 oz).
(Unfortunately, we are only able to ship Hilleberg products within the UK & EU)
Hilleberg's Anaris Tent is a great example of just how luxurious a trekking pole tent can be. Using the lightest weight Kerlon 1000 fabric, the weight has been kept down to a minimum without sacrificing strength or durability. The simple, ridge design effectively sheds rain and despite the size it copes with the wind really well too. It is categorised as a Yellow Label tent, meaning three season but it is still able to withstand poorer conditions with ease. The usual pre-linked inner and outer make pitching and packing away easy while the ability to separate them and use the outer alone as a tarp make this a versatile tent.
It obviously requires two trekking poles to set up but this is fairly easy to do and once you've got the hang of it you can have it pitched in no time. Once pitched the space inside and with the two vestibules is enormous. The inner provides a very generous two person space while the vestibules are big enough for any kit, cooking in bad weather and hiding under for shelter with loads of room to spare. The dual entrance design make the tent more practical for two users and the doors can be adjusted to allow you to enjoy the views, open up for air in warmer conditions and provide shelter without being fully enclosed.
Although it's certainly not the lightest, especially for a trekking pole tent, what you get is Hilleberg's usual top quality design and materials, unquestionable durability and an unbelievable amount of sheltered space.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Anaris Tent Review - “The tent's most impressive feature is the 50 Denier Nylon bathtub and floor, which is incredibly rugged”
- Kerlon 1000 outer tent fabric is very light yet has an impressive 8 kg/17.5 lb tear strength.
- Both doors on both vestibules can be partially or fully rolled away, and either or both of the sides can be completely rolled up.
- Linked inner and outer tents allow either simultaneous pitching or separate use for the greatest versatility.
- Used on its own, the outer tent becomes a very lightweight (640 g/1 lb 7 oz) yet “supercharged” tarp, thanks to its multiple options for rolling the ends or the sides.
- Ridge tent construction, designed to be pitched with trekking poles or by suspending the ridge corners, provides simplicity, ease of set up, and versatility.
- Plenty of room for two plus gear, and a veritable mansion for one.
- Designed for warmer climates and for the snow-free months of the year.
- Dual entrances and vestibules provide flexible entry/exit, vent - ing, and spacious storage options.
- Flysheet & inner weighs: 1260g
- Total weight: 1260g (excludes pegs & bags)
- Pegs x12 weigh: 114
Construction + Materials
- Inner tent area: 2.6 m2/ 28 ft2
- Vestibule area: 2 x 0.9 m2/ 2 x 9.7 ft2
- Fly fabric: Kerlon 1000, 20 D High Tenacity Ripstop Nylon 66
- Fly treatment: Coated on both sides with a total of 3 layers of 100% silicone, and treated for UV resistance during dyeing and coating
- Fly hydrostatic head: 5000 mm/49 kPa (ISO 811)
- Fly tear strength: min. 8 kg (ISO 13937-4)
- Inner tent fabric: 10 denier Ripstop Nylon
- Inner tent treatment: Durable Water Repellent (DWR)
- Floor fabric: 50 denier Nylon
- Floor treatment: Double-coated polyurethane
- Floor hydrostatic head: 12000 mm/118 kPa (ISO 811)
- Floor miscellaneous: Highly puncture & abrasion resistant
- Poles (not included): use 2 trekking poles set to approx. 125 cm (49 in) – 130cm (51 in)
- Pegs: 12 Y-Peg UL
- Pack size: 48 x 14cm/19 x 5.5in
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Hilleberg products outside the UK)