UOG TOP PICK -The SOTO Amicus - A high tech compact stove that offers superior performance under windy conditions. All for a low weight and small cost. This version comes with a Stealth Igniter for quick and easy ignition. One of ours, and one of our customer's Top Picks
SOTO's first low cost stove with high-end performance. Hidden electric line for igniter. Light weight, compact and shock resistant with improved ignition. Unique raised ledge at the crown of the burner head and concaved burner surface increase performance under windy conditions. Spring-loaded pot supports are engineered for easy set up. Stable for the pot.
SOTO's Amicus Stove is a great stove for camping and backpacking and it includes many of the features found on their more expensive models (Windmaster) including four folding pot stand supports and a recessed burner head that provides superior performance in windy conditions. Like the Windmaster, the ignter in the Amicus runs through the center post of the stove, protecting it from impact and creating reliable lighting performance.
When not in use, the pot stand supports and simmer control fold up compactly, making this stove easy to store with a gas canister inside most small cook pots. The Amicus is a quality stove for the cost if you want a stove that you can simmer food with and mix and match with a lot of different cook pots.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Stealth igniter: Hidden electric line for igniter. Lightweight, compact and shock resistant with improved igniter
- Superior performance under windy conditions: Unique raised ledge at the crown of the burner head and concave burner surface increase performance under windy conditions
- 4 pot supports: 4 pot supports are engineered for easy set up - Stable for the pot
- Weight: 78g (excludes carry bag)
- Dimensions when in use: W 7.6 x D 10.0 x H 8.6 cm
- Dimensions when stowed: W 4.3 x D 4.0 x H 7.5 cm
- Output: 2600 kcal/h 3030 W 10210 BTU
- Duration: Burns approx.1.5 hours with 8 oz.(250 g)canister
- Includes: carry bag