For a lightweight, stretchy and breathable pants capable of tackling technical alpine terrain, the Altvia Alpine are a great choice. These pants have zoned durable panels and the feature set is ideal for use with technical equipment.
Fully featured, lightweight soft-shell pants with added durability for long alpine rock routes and all-day movement above tree line. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
Patagonia's Altvia Alpine Pants are designed to add protection and durability to the Altvia range. They use a blend of recycled polyester/spandex dobby to provide a nice amount of four-way stretch. This stretch is combined with the articulated knees to give excellent freedom of movement which suits everything from running to climbing. The big difference with these pants is the addition of the panels in high wear areas to reduce the effects of abrasion. Kick patches at the ankles, extra coverage on the knees and seat are made from hard wearing material so they are ideal for use with a harness and work well for climbing, hiking and a range of alpine activities.
They still have a soft, stretchy feel compared to many soft shell pants and are comfortable when worn for prolonged periods in differing conditions. They excellent pants for more technical alpine adventures but the additional features mean that although they are more durable than the Trail version they are heavier and not quite as versatile.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK))
- Lightweight recycled polyester/spandex blend provides excellent stretch for complete mobility; durable recycled nylon/recycled spandex paneling provides extra protection from rock and abrasion
- PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals) resists moisture and keeps you dry
- Articulated pattern allows ultimate mobility for long approaches and all-day comfort under a harness
- Low-profile waistband with separating zip fly and integrated adjustable belt ensures precise fit and stays comfortable under a harness or backpack waistbelt
- Secure front pockets and right rear pocket have breathable mesh pocket bags and lay-flat construction for comfort under a harness; rightthigh security zip pocket sits comfortably above the knee and below harness leg loops
- Scuff panels protect inner legs from abrasion and wear and tear; cuffs adjust with a low-profile shock cord and cord lock
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Small (30" waist) weighs: 344g
- Medium (32" waist) weighs: 370g
- Large (34" waist) weighs: 396g
- Fit: Slim
- Body: 4.7-oz 86% recycled polyester/14% spandex dobby.
- Panels: 4.5-oz 85% recycled nylon/15% recycled spandex.
- Both with four-way stretch and a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals).
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
Help and advice: