UOG TOP PICK - Nano-Air Light Vest Patagonia have combined there highly popular R1 fleece with a wind and water resistant layer in orer to create a vest that is perfect for so many outdoor adventures, whether as a comfortable winter midlayer, or a spring summer outer-layer. A classic in the outdoor world, a firm favourite of our staff and our customers, and one of our top picks.
The Nano-Air® Light Vest was made to be worn for the entirety of your aerobic, start-stop mountain activities, so you’re never slowed down by having to change layers. Stretchy and breathable FullRange™ insulation dumps excess heat when you’re working hard and keeps you warm when you’re not. Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ factory.
Patagonia's Nano-Air light Vest, combines all the features of the ever popular R1 Air fleece with a water/wind resistance front to create a jacket that offers a high level of breathability, with an added element of protection from the elements.
The R1 air fleece material that forms the inner of the vest as well as the side, back, and rear sleeve panels allow for very effecient wicking of moisture away from the body, so works well in combination of a baselayer. This makes this an idea vest for those looking to be doing a high level of activity, and not wanting to overheat.
The addition of the soft shell on the front, mean that the jacket is provided with a level of protection from the wind and rainmaking it more suitable to harsher conditions than a fleece alone, making drawing from the best of both worlds.
It is a nice comfortable closer fit that provides a good freedom of movement when on more exertive missions, its comfortable fit also makes it a great base layer underneath even the most tailored hard-shell jacket.
Overall this is one of the comfiest and nicest fitting vests that we have worn in a while and is a go to for a range of different activities.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK)
- The 100% recycled polyester ripstop shell and lining fabric offer mechanical stretch, exceptional breathability and improved abrasion resistance, with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals) to resist light moisture; the microtexture keeps fabric from sticking to the skin for versatile comfort
- 40 grams of warm FullRange™ 100% polyester (93% recycled) insulation delivers outstanding mechanical stretch and air permeability (35 CFM), allowing excess heat to move away from the body
- Articulated patterning and strategically placed, low-profile quilting combined with stretchy fabric and insulation provide an exceptional range of motion for unhindered movement
- Center-front zipper has a zipper garage at the chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two handwarmer pockets and a left-chest pocket are zippered, low profile and low bulk to wear comfortably with a harness or a pack; vest self-stuffs into the left-chest pocket
- Cleanly finished armholes and hem are low bulk and keep things simple
- Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ factory, which means the people who made this product earned a premium for their labour
- XSmall (UK 08) weighs: 157g
- Small (UK 10) weighs: 168g
- Medium (UK 12) weighs: 178g
- Large (UK 14) weighs: 192g
Material & Construction
- Shell and lining: 1.6-oz 30-denier 100% recycled polyester air-permeable shadow stretch ripstop with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals).
- Insulation: 40-g FullRange™ 100% polyester (93% recycled).
- Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ factory