The stretch and comfort of a softshell with the protection of a hardshell pant. A combination of knitted and woven Proflex fabrics provide freedom of movement, stretch and protection for fast moving alpine ascents.
Climb light, dry and unrestricted with our Women’s Kinetic Alpine 2.0 Pant - a breathable, close-fitting stretch waterproof pant for unrivalled mobility in the mountains. Constructed from three-layer Proflex™ Kinetic 2.0 fabric, it uses an internal PU membrane, sandwiched between a durable nylon woven outer and a soft, fast-wicking inner. This delivers outstanding stretch and breathability for fast-paced scrambles with a slim, athletic cut and articulated knees for easy movement. The adjustable elasticated waist uses a secure silicon grip and the ankles and hem use heavier woven reinforcements to increase durability.
With waterproofing of 20,000mm HH and breathability of up to 20,000g MVTR, the Kinetic 2.0 Pant blends the protection of a hardshell with the comfort of a softshell for outstanding all-day practicality.
formation-page-i374">Click here for more info on Rab, product updates and New Season information.
Rab's Womens Kinetic Alpine 2.0 Pants are a fully waterproof pant that are comfortable enough to wear all day. The innovative Proflex material makes this possible and this updated version sees a number of changes in order to improve durability and protection. The Hydrostatic Head rating has doubled in this new version to 20,000 delivering much more waterproof protection that will definitely keep you dry. What sets these pants apart is the incredible amount of 4 way stretch and breathability making them feel very much like a soft shell.
The Kinetic Alpine 2.0 still have have 2 hand pockets with water resistant zips and an elasticated waistband. There are ceramic printed reinforcement patches in the areas of most wear. Ankle zippers allow you to easily fit the pants on over bigger boots. Whilst these pants would not be my first choice for a long hot dry summer day or a harsh winters day they will excel on mixed weather days as as they save you the hassle of putting over-trousers on and off throughout the day.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Semi-elasticated, with integrated belt adjustment
- Front of waist kept flat and clear of adjustments to give easy access to fly, and clear of clutter when wearing a harness
- YKK Aquaguard pocket zips
- YKK zippered fly, with a double snap closure
- Dual fabrics provide reinforcement in high wear areas, and additional stretch in other areas
- Articulated knees
- Zippered hem gusset to widen cuff for bigger boots
- Hyperlon cord attachment points at hem
- UK 08 weighs: 286g
- UK 10 weighs: 298g
- UK 12 weighs: 308g
- UK 14 weighs: 324g
- Fit: Regular
- Main: Stretch polyamide 20D woven 3L with PU membrane and polyester backer/ Proflex/ 149 gsm/ MVTR: 25,000g/m2/24 hrs/ HH 20,000mm
- Secondary: Stretch polyamide 20D woven 3L with PU membrane and polyester backer/ Proflex/ 100gsm/ MVTR: 20,000g/m2/24 hrs/ HH 20,000mm
- Kicker patch: polyamide woven reinforcement