A technical midi-baffled down jacket offering the perfect blend of low weight, warmth and protection for the Alpine climber and mountaineer.
With lightweight fabrics, high-loft down and body-mapped baffles, the Women’s Electron Pro Jacket is one of the most efficient mid-weight technical down jackets the mountaineer can buy.
The Women’s Electron Pro Jacket is designed for fast, flexible mountain insulation. Built from 20D Pertex Quantum Pro with a DWR coating, it uses ethically-sourced 800FP RDS-certified European goose down with a hydrophobic Nikwax® treatment for improved weather resistance and faster drying. Zoned midi and micro baffle stitch-through construction helps minimise bulk, eradicate cold spots and control down migration for reliable warmth where it matters. The ascent-ready feature set includes elasticated cuffs with integrated stretch panels and a helmet-compatible hood with stiffened peak. It also features a pair of harness-compatible hand pockets, an internal security pocket, a double-ended YKK® zip and an adjustable hem.
Subtle updates to the style, fabrics and features make the latest version of our best-selling Women’s Electron Pro Jacket one of the world’s most advanced mountaineering down layers.
Rab's Womens Electron Pro Down Jacket is a staple throughout the cold winter months. Able to be used for any cold weather activity due to it's versatility. The Electron Pro delivers a high level of warmth in a sleek fitting design that is not overly bulky. The harness compatible pockets, while engineered for the technical uses of this jacket, do not affect the day to day wearing of this jacket in a casual setting. The inner chest pocket is large enough to cater for any hand held smartphone or GPS device.
The features Rab have gotten right with this jacket really shine through compared with the competition. The low bulk wrist closure system that is part elasticated due to the two panel construction prevents any bunching up under gloves. The adjustment toggle system in the neck area of the hood is now clearly marked and usable while wearing gloves. In addition to the stiffened peak hood, once adjusted correctly, the hood moves in sync with the user providing uninhibited vision even in the worst conditions.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Pertex Quantum Pro ripstop nylon outer is windproof and water-resistant
- Zoned midi and micro baffle stitch-through construction
- Helmet compatible hood with drawcord adjustment and stiffened peak
- High YKK® zipped hand pockets
- Double ended full length front YKK Vislon zip
- Stretch armhole and adjustable hem w/recycled tape
- Stuff sack included
- UK 08 weighs: 410g
- UK 10 weighs: 434g
- UK 12 weighs: 462g
- UK 14 weighs: 492g
- Main Fabric: 20D nylon Pertex Quantum Pro, 40g/m², with DWR
- Lining: Recycled 20D nylon, 38g/m²
- Insulation: 800 fill-power European goose down with Nikwax hydrophobic (water-resistant) finish (170g Size 12)
- Composition: 100% polyamide with polyurethane coating and 100% recycled polyamide lining