The Women's Positron Pro Down Jacket is a technical down jacket with zoned construction to optimise warmth and mobility, with Pertex Quantum Pro outer fabric to provide protection from the weather.
Rab says: Down-filled mountain jacket with zoned construction to optimise warmth and mobility. A Pertex® Quantum Pro shell provides protection from the weather.
Whether you're heading for the heights of the Himalaya or planning a polar expedition, the Women's Positron Pro is a down-filled jacket with zoned construction to optimise warmth and mobility while minimising bulk, so you can endure prolonged exposure to very cold conditions.
Designed for mountain and expedition use up to 6000m, the Women's Positron Pro Jacket uses a Pertex® Quantum Pro shell to provide protection from the weather, and is filled with the highest quality 800 fill power ethically-sourced down. Box-wall construction on the torso, hood and upper of arms provides extra insulation on more exposed areas, while stitch-through construction on the underarms and side panels allows increased mobility while reducing bulk, weight, and packsize.
A two-way front zip with synthetic insulated baffle behind provides maximum warmth, and helmet compatible down filled hood has wired peak and face baffle. Concealed hood adjusters are easy to use with gloved hands. The Women's Positron Pro is optimised to offer the perfect balance of mobility, comfort, and protection in very cold conditions.
The women's Rab Positron Pro Down Jacket has replaced the Positron Down Jacket and with it you will see some big improvements. It's warmer than before as it now features 275 grams of 800 fill power down and the outer shell has been updated to Pertex Quantum Pro for better weather protection.
They have also redesigned the cut and over-all style of the jacket so it's a little less bulky than before, yet provides more warmth and fits better. The chest pocket and baffle behind the front zip are now synthetic insulated which will keep you warm without the extra bulk. It's still made with box wall construction on the torso, hood and upper of the arms for extra insulation on more exposed areas which helps reduce cold spots and delivers a higher warmth to weight ratio.
Unfortunately with these changes it has made the jacket slightly heavier but not by much. At only 696g (size 12) it's one of the lightest down jackets for the warmth provided.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Pertex® Quantum Pro outer fabric
- Pertex® Quantum lining
- 800FP R.D.S Certified European Goose Down
- Rab® Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Boxwall construction on torso, hood and upper of arms
- Stitch-through construction on underarms and side panels
- Helmet compatible down filled hood with wired peak and face baffle
- Concealed hood adjusters
- 2-way YKK® VISLON® front zip with synthetic insulated baffle behind
- 2 YKK® VISLON® zipped hand pockets
- Internal zipped security pocket
- Reflective prints for safety
- Hook and loop adjustable cuff tabs
- Hem drawcord
- UK 08 weighs: 624g
- UK 10 weighs: 652g
- UK 12 weighs: 696g
- UK 14 weighs: 732g
- UK 16 weighs: 772g
- Fit: Regular
- Fabric Outer: Pertex® Quantum Pro,1000mm #DWR 80/20 #40g/m² #100% nylon with Polyurethane coating
- Fabric Inner: Pertex® Quantum,DWR 80/20 #0.3cc #38g/m² #20d/20d #100% Nylon
- Insulation: 800FP R.D.S Certified European Goose Down (275g/9.7oz in size 12)